Oslo Discovery Tour: Holmenkollen, Vigeland Park, Fram and Viking Ship Museum
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Oslo City Hall (Oslo Radhuset), Raadhusplassen 1, Oslo 0037 Norway
See the place where the Nobel Peace price is awarded every year.
Pass By: The Norwegian Theater (Det Norske Teatret), Kristian Iv's gate 8, Oslo 0164 Norway
admire the National Theatre building from 1899
Pass By: The Norwegian Parliament, Karl Johans gate 22, Oslo 0026 Norway
admire the Parliament building, constructed in 1866
Pass By: Christiania Torv 1, Oslo 0157 Norway
See some of the oldest buildings in Oslo, from the 17th century
Pass By: Akershus Castle and Fortress (Akershus Slott og Festning), Festningsplassen 1, Oslo 0015 Norway
Admire one of the oldest medieval monuments in Oslo - Akershus Castle built in 1299.
Pass By: The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Kirsten Flagstads Pl. 1, Oslo 0150 Norway
Admire one of the most beloved landmarks in Olso - the new Opera house, inaugurated in 2008.
Pass By: Oslo Cathedral (Oslo Domkirke), Stortorvet 1, Oslo 0155 Norway
See Oslo Cathedral from 1697, where royal weddings took place.
Pass By: The Royal Palace, Slottsplassen 1, Oslo 0010 Norway
Admire the Norwegian royal residence
Pass By: Norwegian Nobel Institute, Drammensveien 19, Oslo 0255 Norway
See the Nobel Institure, where the Nobel Peace Prize is decided every year
Stop At: Holmenkollen, Oslo, Norway
Admire Holmenkollen Ski Jump, a symbol of Oslo and one of the most modern ski jumps in the world, and if you're lucky with the weather, enjoy amazing views over the city and the fjord.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vigelandsparken, Nobels gate 32 Majorstua / Frogner, Oslo Vest. Hovedinngang i Kirkeveien., Oslo 0268 Norway
Enjoy a guided tour of the world's largest sculpture park designed by 1 single artist.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Bygdoy Peninsula, Bygdoy, Oslo, Oslo 0286 Norway
Visit the "museums' island"
Stop At: Fram Museum, Bygdoeynesveien 39, Oslo 0286 Norway
Explore the world's strongest wooden ship, built in the 19th century, that sailed northermost and southernmost - the polar ship Fram.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Viking Ship Museum, Huk Avenue 35, Oslo 0287 Norway
Admire the world's best preserved, original viking ships.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Bydel Aker Brygge Grundingen 6, Oslo 0250 Norway
Drive by Aker Brygge, Oslo's most lively central neighbourhood.
- Certified English-speaking guide
- Transport by modern coach
- Professional driver
- Panoramic city-sightseeing along the main city landmarks
- Holmenkollen Ski Jump (outside view)
- Guided walking tour through Vigeland Sculpture Park (approx. 45 min)
- Entrance fee to the Fram Museum
- Entrance fee to the Viking Ship Museum
- Entry/Admission - Fram Museum
- Entry/Admission - Viking Ship Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Holmenkollen
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Lunch is not included. We recommend bringing a packed lunch but it's also possible to buy snacks at certain locations during the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
Very informative guide provided continuous commentary. Time spent at Holmenkollen and Vigeland were frustratingly short. Other aspects were well paced.
Everything went through well. We are happy that we made it. The starting place is hard to find, however the bus waited for us.
My husband and I spent a wonderful day touring the City of Oslo with Viator. We saw all the key sights and particularly enjoyed the Sculpture Park. The main reason for giving this review though is to say thank you to our lovely guide and driver sorry cant remember your names. our cruise ship arrived late into port which meant we were late meeting up with our tour bus, but you waited for us which was great. If you had left without us we would not have been able to enjoy Oslos in the way that we did so thanks guys. We would definitely use Viatoragain in the future.
Experienced guide, excellent tour