Private Tour to Sognefjord, Gudvangen and the Flåmsbana railway
You head out on the E-16 from the east and make your way via the beautiful Valdres area where you pass villages like Bagn, Fagernes, Røn and the wonderful Ryfoss waterfall. As you arrive in the pittoresque small mountain village of Vang, it is time to get ready for the mountain crossing and check that your cameras are ready for the spectacular scenery.
After you pass the mountains you will descend via Lærdal/Aurland to the Nærøyfjord World Heritage site. Often called King of the Fjords amongst its visitors. In Flåm you will have the opportunity to see what it is all about and take the Premium Fjordcruise from Gudvangen to Flåm (own expense). The fjord is at it's most narrow passage less than 200 meters wide (600 feet), with mountains climbing steeply up to 1800 meters on each side. It is like sailing in the Grand Canyon, but with calm water protecting the traveler with its huge mountains. The Nærøyfjord is nothing less than a "Bucket list experience", and travelers have religious experiences here. The absolutely breathtaking views makes you think trough existential questions about our human origin and how small we are.
As if this is not enough, you are able to take the amazing Flåmsbana railway. A railway that because of its spectacular view and building method is ranked as one of the top railway experiences in the world (own expense). This part of the train is truly the most scenic - and you end up with the best from two worlds. The privacy of the car and the most scenic part of that train ride.
After you finish up in Flåm and Gudvangen you will take the final part of the drive to Voss City where your guide will leave you for some private hours at one of the city's restaurants before you take the train back to Oslo (own expense).
• All Guides used on this tour is born and bread Norwegians and are experienced with harsh winter
conditions in the mountains. No foreign low cost labour used to maximize profit.
• Worried about few reviews? This is a high end private tour that is often booked by private travel planners.
This means there is more than 20 satisfied customers behind every review.
• Want to see our other tours? Put the vendor code 57232P in the upper right corner search field.
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup & Train station drop-off
- Private tour for one party only, no ridesharing with unknown travelers
- Private car and Norwegian driver (***no foreign low cost labour used)
- All petrol and road toll for the entire trip.
- Driving time + max 2,5 hours of total stop time for photos etc.
- Hotspot for image upload available in car (some regions in the mountains without coverage)
- Special Notice: Due to Norwegian legislation, this tour includes payment for a overnight stay in a tent at our remote island in the Osterfjord. Notice that you dont need to utilize this, as this is solely to comply with the outdated Norwegian transportation law. In case you DO want to utilize this part of the tour, please notify the local supplier at the time of booking and a tent wil be provided for your use. A 1500 USD security deposit must be paid for the tent. You will have to put up the tent yourself and make your way to the island on your own!
- Cruise and train tickets for Flåmsbana railway and the night train back to Oslo Central station
- Food and drinks are available for purchase from the driver / guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- NOTICE - ALL WINTER TOURS WILL BE DONE ACCORDINGLY TO WEATHER FORECAST
- Even winter is rough - it is maybe the most superb time to see Norway at its most beautiful.
- However weather changes and your guide will always select the safest route to minimize risk of delays.
- THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY MINIVAN. FOR UPGRADE TO OUR VIP MERCEDES - PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL OPERATOR.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
The tour guide Ola did a great job and provided very interesting information regarding the history and culture from the viking times to current day. He was able to answer our questions and made sure that everything went smoothly. The Flamsbana had some of the best views I have ever seen and a stop at a beautiful waterfall. Bergen was also a very nice town with an interesting contrast from Oslo. I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to see more of Norway and the beautiful landscapes it has to offer.