River Bike Tour in Oslo
• The stunning modern Opera House, with about 20 minutes to explore both the interior and exterior;
• The car-free Akerselva River path including a stop in Oslo's most "alternative" neighborhood full of street art;
• Mathallen, the indoor food market, with about 20 minutes to explore the city's best local food scene, buy some typical Norwegian food like brown cheese or have a quick lunch;
• Numerous waterfalls, with time to explore the largest one;
• Beautifully preserved 19th century industrial architecture along most of the ride;
• The lively neighborhood of Grünerløkka where our guides give their favorite recommendations among the dozens of cafés, bars, restaurants and clubs.
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Drinks: water available for purchase at the Viking Biking shop
- Food and drinks: tour includes a 20 minute stop at the "Mathallen", Oslo's premiere destination for local food and drink.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (for children 1-4 years old)
We loved this tour. Our guide was very organised, friendly and experienced. He knew his city very well and timed the trip so we moved along but had time to take photos and ask questions. He was interesting and knowledgeable about the history. We saw a different side to Oslo. The bicycles were a good quality with working gears that were clearly explained and made the few hills easy to negotiate. Our guide made us fall in love with Oslo....highly recommend this tour.
Oslo is a beautiful city and touring by bike was a fun and easy way to see the sights. Great food stop along the way, and our guide Lena was so friendly and informative. Only one tough, short hill on the ride, but I made it to the top without walking! Which she said had never been done, but I think she was just kidding me!
We did this tour with another couple and had a great time! Tuba was our guide and she was awesome and very knowledgeable about all the places we saw and gave us time for photo ops. There were a couple of hills that were a little hard to do, but we were able to do them with a little work. There was one though that was too hard to do and most everyone ended up walking their bikes but the waterfall at the top of the hill was well worth it. I highly recommend this tour for any new visitors in Oslo that want to get a head start on places to see and enjoy doing it while riding bikes through this awesome city. Some of the pictures we took are attached.
One of the best tours I've ever been on. Curtis was an extremely knowledgable and fun guide. The views are spectacular, and the physical demand is more than manageable. Highly recommended!
This tour was a lot of fun. Small numbers meant it was easy to get to know the other people in the group, and allowed the guide to accommodate everyone without compromising the tour itself. Josh was very funny and had a wonderful personality that made the tour even better.
Very nice tour girl. Can feel that she loves her job. She is enthusiastic, initiative to introduce all tour friendly places and shopping centers, and she will not focus on those crowd places with all visitors. Unfortunately my cycling technique is not good, and she is patient to wait for me. For sure will join again if i visit Oslo in future.