Self-Guided Norway Tour: Oslo to Bergen
Your journey continues from Flåm with a fjord cruise on the magnificent Aurlandsfjord and on the and dramatic and narrow Nærøyfjord. The Aurlandsfjord is a picturesque fjord that offers stunning views, while the Nærøyfjord is a dramatic fjord surrounded by high mountains. Nærøyfjorden is one of the most narrow fjords in Europe and included on UNESCO's World Heritage List.
After your fjord cruise you arrive in the small village of Gudvangen, nestled in the innermost part of Nærøyfjorden. From here the journey continues with a bus trip through Nærøydalen, with its charming villages and scenic nature landscape. From May-September the bus travels down the steep hairpin bends of Stalheimskleiva. The bus will arrive in Voss, where you continue the tour by train on the Bergen Railway to Bergen.
- This trip includes
- The scenic Bergen Railway from Oslo
- The breathtaking Flåm Railway
- Fjord cruise on the magnificent Aurlandsfjord and on the narrow Nærøyfjord
- Bus trip through beautiful scenery (including Stalheimskleiva in May-September)
- The Bergen Railway, Voss - Bergen
- Entry/Admission - Naeroyfjord
- Entry/Admission - The Flam Railway
- Entry/Admission - The Bergen Railway
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important information:
- Your tour tickets will be delivered to your hotel. Please don't forget to share your accommodation address with us
- Your tour itinerary and clear instructions will be issued and sent via VIATOR email, please don't forget to check it
- This is a self-guided tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
More information should have been provided on activities available during stop in Flam. Otherwise a very good day tour.
WOW! This was an amazing trip! I wish the itinerary was a bit clearer but other then that, its was so worth it!!!
GREAT WAY TO SEE NORWAY IF YOU HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TIME. THE TRIP FROM GEILO TO MYRDAL WAS THE BEST. I SAT ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE TRAIN WHICH AFFORDED THE BEST VIEW THE LAST PART OF THE TRIP. WATERFALL FROM MYRDAL TO FLAN IS NOT TO BE MISSED.
Very very enjoyable scenic train from Oslo to falm railway station, excellent view on fjord cruise and beautiful scence from voss to bergen overall a remarkable visit
Take this self-guided Oslo to Bergen tour if you need to get from Oslo to Bergen within a day. Ivan and Artus were excellent in arranging the tour and going out of their way to provide top-class service. Well done Ivan and Artus!! From Oslo to Flam, the scenery between Geilo to Myrdal is quite amazing - lakes, snow-capped mountains and partially frozen rivers even in early summer! If the tour allows, would recommend staying overnight at Flam before continuing to Bergen the following morning for a more leisurely journey. If staying over at Flam, a must see side trip is Stegastein Viewpoint, a half hour bus ride from Flam.
The Norway in a Nutshell trip is a delight, not to be missed, but buying these through Viator is not wise. Tickets must still be picked up at the vendor's at the train station, and their hours are limited, especially on weekends. A better approach is to buy the tickets in person previous to the day you plan to take the trip.