Taste of Oslo Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karl Johans gate, Karl Johans Gate, Oslo Norway
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Regjeringkvartalet, Norway, Akersgata 42, 0180 Oslo, Norway
Stop by the Government headquarters and hear an important sotry about Norwegian recent past
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Our Saviour's Memorial Cemetery, Akersbakken 32, Oslo 0172 Norway
Walk through this historical cemetery
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Damstredet & Telthusbakken, Fredensborgveien / Akersveien, Oslo 0177 Norway
Walk the cobble stones of the 1800's street
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Akerselva River, Maridalsvannet - Oslo, Oslo Norway
Hear the stories of the city's river
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mathallen Oslo, Vulkan 5, Oslo 0178 Norway
Enjoy the tastings of cheeses, cured meats and beers in this hip town food hall
Duration: 1 hour
- Guiding services
- Tasting at 4 different places
- Main dish with traditional Norwegian ingredients (meat & fish)
- Dessert (a Norwegian waffle served with brown cheese or strawberry jam. Coffee or tea is also included if desired)
- Norwegian cheese tasting (3 local farm cheeses including the most traditional Norwegian cheese "brown cheese"
- Norwegian cured meats
- Norwegian beer tasting (3 small local beers). For those who do not drink beer, cider or wine can be arranged too.
- We skip the Foodhall on Mondays but with all the tastings covered
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Karl Johans gate
- Please read carefully the tour information
- Hotel pickup has a price of 70 Kr (cash)
- Leave a phone number with the country code in case we need to contact you if something changes or check your Viator inbox one day before the tour starts.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years for the beers and 21 for the akvavit
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum of 2 participants required per tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
- Please let us know if you are allergic to any type of food or drinks, so we can help you with other options. Remember to read the tour information and leave a phone number so we can send you important information.
- If you booked your tour before the 10 October 2018. there is a chance that you might have to bring/pay the 2th part of the tour. We updated the package prices and the amount you paid it was just the first part. Contact us if you have questions. Also check the price now and the price you paid on the date you did the booking to see the difference.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Exceptional food, sights while walking from place to place were an added bonus. Guide was knowledgeable, personal, and professional. Other people at tasting experiences were very informative. It was a fun experience in every way.
Ivana was our charming and knowledgeable guide. We had one no-Show and Ivana tried several times to contact her showing that she was concerned for her group. Loved the traditional foods and was surprised that they were regular servings, not just a sample. Enjoyed seeing a non-tourist part of town, an historic cemetery, walk along Aker River termini gets at a local upscale food market. The brown cheese we tasted was the best we have ever had, so bought some for our trip. This was/ is an excellent tour.
Had a great afternoon on Ivana's food tour of Oslo. All of her restaurant destinations and food choices were amazing! We left stuffed! I especially enjoyed the brown cheese. Definitely recommend!
Amazing. Do NOT eat before this tour - even if you arrive on an empty stomach, you will be absolutely stuffed by the time you finish. The tour guide was very interesting and told us all kinds of interesting tidbits throughout the walk. The food and drinks were all amazing!
The tour was carefully and well chosen tour the cost seems expensive when you book it compared to other European counties, but it is no more expensive than going out for dinner in Oslo so good value considering the lovely tour of Oslo you get, real Norwegian food and good beer and chixolate Loved it