Luang Prabang Half Day City Tour
Luang Prabang is rich with the cultural heritage that Laos is so well known for. From its temples to its natural beauty, there is so much to explore within it that it would take days to experience it all. This tour will give you half a day in the city and will get you its most essential, vibrant temples and locations. The other half is spent on a journey to visit the famous Pak Ou caves and its surrounding villages. A pickup from your hotel starts the day and takes you to the Royal Palace Museum where some of Luang Prabang’s most fascinating artifacts are kept and protected. After this, you’ll go on a cruise over the Mekong River where you can take a break, breathing in the fresh air and taking in the tranquil countryside view. You will then arrive at the Pak Ou caves, which are known for the hundreds of Buddha statues within it. Left by devotees on a pilgrimage, the Buddhas are of all shapes and sizes. Your next stop is at Ban Xanghai village where you’ll see villagers producing their own rice wine. At Ban Phanom, another nearby village, you will see villagers doing hand weaving. Both rice wine and weaving are essential products in the villages’ industry. After lunch, you will head to Wat Xiengthong, which is a testament to classic Laoatian architecture and is best known for its low-sweeping roofs and refined design. After this, you’ll not only visit the Traditional Art and Enthonology Center, but also get the chance to look at the night market, where you can see the local products being sold as part of the villages’ economy. This is the perfect time to grab some souvenirs before you head back to your hotel.
- Visit Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping to the ground, echoing classical Laotian architecture
- Embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River for a breathtaking view of the countryside
- Explore Pak Ou Caves, filled with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various sizes
- Drop by the village of Ban Xanghai, where they locals the produce their own rice wine
- Peek into Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving
- Upon return to the city, visit Royal Palace Museum, which with its range of interesting artifacts
- Visit the stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai
- Ascend the 328 steps to the top of Phousi Hill for a beautiful sunset view of the city
- Stroll around the night market, where you can find a lovely collection of handmade textiles
- A convenient hotel pick up and drop off will make sure you get to your destination and back safely!
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email