Agua Azul and Misol-Ha Waterfalls Half-Day Tour from Palenque
Here, descending limestone steps form a series of stunning waterfalls that create natural pools, with the larger cataracts reaching as high as 20 feet (6 meters). Intrepid travelers can reach them via the staircase with the help of a guide.
Then, be amazed at the 115-foot-high (35-meter) Cascadas de Misol-Ha, which empties into a large, tranquil pool under a river cliff of calcareous rocks. If weather permits, there will be free time for swimming at the falls with caution. Soak in the refreshing falls amid scenery that typifies the rainforest of the Chiapas highlands.
If you opted for lunch, you're served a traditional meal like fried fish with rice in a rustic hut. Your 5-hour tour ends with hotel drop-off in Palenque, or with bus service to or hotel drop-off in San Cristobal de las Casas, depending on option selected. Alternatively, upgrade to add a guided visit to the archaeological site of Palenque to complete a 9-hour tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Palenque Ruins tour (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Agua Azul
- Entry/Admission - Cascadas de Misol-Ha
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Palenque
- Palenque Ruins tour (if option not selected)
- Lunch (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
This was an afternoon tour to see the waterfalls at Misol-Ha and Agua Azul. We were collected from our hotel in a minibus eventually holding 7 passengers and a helpful and English-speaking driver, who took us to the high waterfall at Misol-Ha first. The road condition was poor and the distance quite far so we only had 30 minutes at Misol-Ha, but enough time to walk behind the waterfall and take plenty of pictures. The main visit was to the beautiful falls at Agua Azul,where we had plenty of time, several hours, to bathe in the pools or have a meal at the many restaurants, buy mementos or simply walk up the path beside the falls. Then back to our hotel. A worthwhile trip of over 5 hours, with much travelling.