Full-Day Tour to Calakmul Ruins and Biosphere Reserve from Palenque
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Calakmul Archaeological Zone, Mexico
Explore the Mayan Legacy in Calakmul Biosphere Reserve. Admire the wonderful flora and fauna surrounding the archaeological zone and maybe spot endemic birds or deer. You'll have a chance to climb the Great Pyramid and, from there, get a 360-degree view of the entire area.
Learn about the importance of this site and how it served the Maya civilization during the Classic period. There are more than 6,500 structures here and the site has already been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Duration: 4 hours
- Bottled water
- Driver/guide (According your selection, not for the ruins)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or vehicle.
- Entry/Admission - Calakmul Archaeological Zone
- Guide at Archaelogical Site.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
The tour started on time in comfortable air conditioned car. Both guides were very skilled and friendly and did their best to make the tour so interesting. The views of the jungle from the top of the pyramids were really amazing. Thank you! Really recommend.