Kuranda Scenic Railway Day Trip from Palm Cove
There is free time in Kuranda to do a little shopping at the heritage markets, grab some lunch in one of the many restaurants/cafes (additional cost) or checkout some wildlife at Birdworld, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (entrance fees not included).
There are many options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you like. Choose from:
• Rail/Rainforestation/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, return on Skyrail (10 hours)
• Rail/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail (8.5 hours)
• Sky/Rail - Travel to Kuranda on Skyrail, return on the Scenic Railway (10 hours)
• Rail/Sky/Tjapukai- Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (9 hours)
• Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park with buffet lunch (10 hours)
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (if option selected)
- Rainforestation Nature Park (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Skyrail (if option not selected)
- Tjapukai (if option not selected)
- Birdworld entrance (approx. AUD19.00/adult, AUD9.50/child)
- Butterfly Sanctuary entrance (approx. AUD20.00/adult, AUD10.00/child)
- Kuranda Koala Gardens entrance (approx. AUD19.00/adult and AUD9.50/child)
- NO pickup from Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
We enjoyed a wonderful day on the Kuranda Scenic Railway Day trip. We were collected on time and transported comfortably to the historic railway station that would transport us along the Kuranda Rail journey. The journey itself was fantastic and the stories that accompanied us on our way through the beautiful scenery was excellent. The skyrail journey on the way back was equally exciting and enjoyable providing us with a different but magnificent view of the rainforest. We would recommend this journey to anyone
Our trip included the Tjapukai Aborigini Village. A must to do. Spent around 2 hours doing so many different things including spear and boomarang throwing, joining in the dancing and singing and learning many interesting facts and stories.Brilliant place.The 40minute Skyrail had some amazing views as it glided over the rain forest with stops on the way to the Kuranda village which was a pleasant surprise. Lots of little shops and a market selling souveneirs to suit everyones tastes and lots of places to get refreshments. The highlight for me was a visit to the Koala Sanctuary where you can cuddle a koala and take photos as well as being given a large photo. Also the opportunity to hand feed the wallabys and kangaroos.Everyone very friendly and helpful. A great day and worth every penny.
Nice and interesting...the train was nothing special, the town was a little more commercial than I expected, but still fun, and a lot to see. Make sure to take a photo with the Koala at the Koala park. Not many good lunch options...
Really good, plenty of photo ops during the ride
Rubbish tour, totally waste of money to be pushed around by an inept and unresponsive tour
I had a great time. The crews are very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Tours run down are well-planned and smooth. Coach has been arranged and stand by at the pick-up beforehand, so customers don't have to wait long. A itinerary together with the tickets of the train and cable car is provided, customers could manage their trip without a problem. Really appreciated the attentive arrangement, will definitely join the local tour operator in the future!
The tour was so well organised, the staff all lovely and the air rail something to be experienced. I'd recommend this to anyone.