Indian Canyons by Jeep plus Hiking Tour from Palm Springs
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Indian Canyons, 38500 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, Greater Palm Springs, CA 92264-9332
Climb aboard one of our Big Red Jeeps for a visit to the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, where stunning rock formations and the contrasting greens of magnificent fan palms and more than 150 species of plants beckon travelers to these lush palm oases.
- Your professional guide will educate and entertain you with stories about the history, culture, lifestyle, and legends of the Cahuilla people.
- In Andreas Canyon, enjoy a guided 1-mile hike on a tranquil trail along the banks of Andreas Creek as your guide describes the ceremonies and legends of the Cahuilla people and explains how they used the desert’s plants for survival.
- View one of the largest natural palm oases in North America from the rim of Palm Canyon.
- Enjoy a short walk to a hidden water cave where the water flows most of the year.
- At the end of your adventure, relax, refresh, and shop for unique gifts and souvenirs at the Indian Trading Post which features Indian art and artifacts, books, jewelry, pottery, baskets, weavings, refreshments, and more.
Duration: 2 hours
- Naturalist guided Jeep tour
- Granola Snack
- Bottled water
- Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Indian Canyons
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests must be able to walk at least a mile over sometimes uneven terrain.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
This tour was truly the highlight of our visit to Palm Springs. The tour took us to a really beautiful geographic location, Indian Canyons, were we went on a hike. We hiked along the beautiful Palm Trees that follow the mountain steam, and then a short hike to see the waterfall. It was spectacular! The best part of the trip was our extremely knowledgeable tour guide, Morgan. We have taken many tours all over the world, but never had a tour guide as knowledgeable as Morgan. She is literally a walking encyclopedia! She has a tremendous knowledge of the Cahuilla Indians who inhabited this land for hundreds of years. She also knows so much about this region and everything in it. We highly recommend this tour or any of the tours that Morgan gives! A