Joshua Tree National Park SUV or Van Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Keys View, Joshua Tree National Park, CA
From the Keys View overlook, you can see all the way to Mexico on a clear day!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hidden Valley, Off Park Blvd. 2 mi north of intersection with western end of Barker Dam Rd., Joshua Tree National Park, CA
Enjoy a 1-mile easy guided hike through picturesque Hidden Valley.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Joshua Tree Visitor Center, 6554 Park Blvd, Joshua Tree, CA 92252-2500
Tour includes a short stop at the Joshua Tree Visitor's Center (West Entrance).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Joshua Tree National Park, 64080 Quail Springs Road National Park Entrance, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
This is the perfect tour for those who want to learn about the 16th largest park in the National Park System.
Managed 85% as a vast federal wilderness, Joshua Tree National Park lies within the Mojave Desert – and, it’s an architectural wonderment of fabulous, jumbled boulders, along with the Park’s iconic and endemic Dr. Seuss-esque’s plant: the Joshua Tree.
This tour is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the Park’s lively pioneer and dramatic mining history, the ancients' footprints and culture, take a walk (or easy) hike, possibly see focused rock climbers practicing for future big wall climbs, and learn about plants treasured by high desert enthusiasts – all through lively narration from your seasoned guide.
Everyday is a new day in Joshua Tree, so you never know what you might find!
Guests joining us in the Greater Palm Springs area will enjoy a narrated tour of the Coachella Valley and learn about the wind and solar energy generated from the San Gorgonio Pass wind and solar farms on the way to the Park. Guests may also join the tour at the Park’s west entrance Visitor's Center in the town of Joshua Tree. Both options include a delicious picnic lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
- Eco-tour with an expert naturalist guide
- A nature walk or hike, geared to the ability of the guests
- Snacks - Bottled Water and Granola Bars
- Joshua Tree National Park Admission
- Lunch - Picnic lunch. Please contact us prior to departure to place your sandwich order.
- Entry/Admission - Keys View
- Entry/Admission - Hidden Valley
- Entry/Admission - Joshua Tree National Park
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours offer the chance to hike or take short nature walks
- Be sure to wear sturdy, closed-toe walking shoes for hiking tours and casual clothes.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to ward off the intense desert sun.
- Remember your camera and lots of film!
- Guides are First Aid and CPR Certified and jeeps are radio equipped
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests should be able to walk at least a mile. If you have mobility issues, please let us know prior to departure.
This was a really great tour. Morgan was extremely knowledgeable. Yes sometimes overwhelming with some of her knowledge but I did find myself repeating some of the things that she told us, so was worth every word. This tour is a great hiking tour and the sites you see are amazing. Would definitely recommend this tour.