Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Admission
What is remarkable about the ride, aside from the breathtaking views of the valley, is the change in temperature. At the bottom of the tram route, the temperature on the desert floor can reach 120 degrees. Rising up through mountain canyons and chimneys, you arrive in an arctic-alpine forest with giant Ponderosa pines. The thrilling vertical ascent gives you views of the Chino Canyon and the San Jacinto Mountains from the front of the car, while the Sonoran Desert is splayed out below from the rear of the car. Look to the top of Chino Canyon, snap a few photos, then look behind and below as you move from one ecological zone to another.
At the Mountain Station, you can walk from the car into the large, 3-story facility which has a cocktail lounge, dining facilities, gift shop and observation decks. The station theater features "Building on a Dream", an 18-minute film on the history of the history and construction of the Tramway. At the top you can also explore the 14,000-acre Mt. San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness Area, which has 54 miles of hiking trails, rustic campgrounds, and granite outcroppings providing clear views of the cities below.
During the winter months “mid-November to mid-April” you can strap on snowshoes or cross-country skis and head into the packed powder of a winter wonderland at the Top of the Tram. There are so many ways to enjoy the snow in the San Jacinto Mountains but snowshoeing is perhaps the most exhilarating family adventure. The Tramway’s Adventure Center (snow conditions permitting) is open for snowshoe and cross-country ski rentals.
- Round-trip tram ride
- Entry/Admission - Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Parking ($8 per vehicle)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- There is parking in 13 paved lots near Valley Station. There is free shuttle service from parking lots to Valley Station entrance available weekends and holiday periods
- The Tramway is subject to delays and periodic shutdowns due to unforeseen circumstances and is not responsible for ticket refunds or the inability to redeem a voucher
- Tramway cars hold 80 people each and there are no seats. Passengers remain standing throughout the journey up the mountain
- Distance is approximately 12,800 feet, with a vertical ascent of 5,873 feet - 15 minutes travel time one way
- The tramway is known as a double reversible type of aerial tramway. Each car remains on one pair of track cables moving up and down without turning around. Each car serves as a counter balance to the other, the descending car is helping pull the ascending car up the mountain
- Strollers are permitted on this tour
- During holiday periods, you may experience long lines. We recommend you travel outside of these peak times to fully enjoy everything the tramway and mountain have to offer.
The aerial tramway was fantastic. It was a great ride both up and down the mountain - fantastic views and a super ride. Dinner at The Peaks was excellent. It is a beautiful place to bisit.
Easy access and parking. Can still be warm on top. Good cafe and restaurant facilities. The most amazing views from up top.
Service and food were excellent. It was my wife's birthday and our waitress brought her a dish of ice cream. Very nice occasion.
Great experience, and really good value. Must go when in Palm Springs. Bring warm clothes, it's much colder up there.
Staff from the entrance, ticketing and those who operate the tram - they were the best! Organized, professional and systematic. It was my 1st time to ride the tram. Nerve wracking experienced. The staff were reassuring and funny too
For our first visit to Palm Springs the Tram was certainly a great finale and one of the highlights of our vacation. The Tramway was recommended to us by friends who had previously visited PS and we were not disappointed. Everyone was kind and explained the journey. We have many special photos to remember all the spectacular views. The staff were informative and courteous. A well organized tour. Also the lounge and restaurant at the summit sent us back down in good spirits ! Loved the music in the Tram en route to the base. Thank you to your team. Carry on and give others the super thrill we were happy to share. Shirley and Vern from Canada
Booking on line made it very easy. Once you get there, you wait on line and they give you a departure time. The tram leaves every 10 minutes. The views were spectacular and there's a café and a restaurant up top.
The tram to the top of the mountain was a perfect way to spend the day. While the food up top was way overpriced, the hiking was priceless. The weather was spectacular and the views were breathtaking.
The view was like looking down at a map of the valley. Parking was well-orchestrated. Regretfully, we forgot to watch the movie about the construction of the tram which I assume would have been highly informative. Lunch at the restaurant was very good and not over-priced given the fact that there is not much competition for lunch customers up top. Price for the tour was reasonable.