Ballestas Islands and Paracas Reserve from San Martin Port
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Islas Ballestas, Paracas 11660 Peru
You will be met by our guide at 9:15am at San Martin Port, then you will be transferred to Paracas town, at this point you will meet the rest of the group and board our speedboat to begin your adventure to the stunning Ballestas Island. On the way you will stop at the Paracas Peninsula to see the enigmatic figure of the Candelabro. A stunning design drawn on the side of a hill in the Peninsula. Nobody knows for sure who did it or why. There are many hypotheses regarding its origin. Some believe it is related to the Nazca Lines but still found no proof or evidence that can define its creation. Afterwards will head off to Ballestas Island where you will enjoy a stunning world filled with birds and sea lions. Here you will visit the three islands at an allowed distance, navigating in some caves (this will be depending on the condition of the sea). On your return to the port, you will board our vehicle to drive towards Paracas Reserve in group. During your tour you will learn more about Paracas Reserve by visiting the interpretation centre, an interesting building that displays photos about all the fauna, flora and many others important facts about the Paracas Peninsula. Afterwards, we will drive throughout a lifeless desert till we reach an area where once stood a great natural rock formation known as the Cathedral. Unfortunately, this old formation did not withstand the 2007 earthquake. At this place you will have amazing views of the desert and the blue ocean and you will see thousands of sea birds, then you will visit Playa Roja and Lagunillas beach for some refreshments. At the end of the tour you will be return to San Martin Port to re-join your ship.
- Pickup and drop-off from San Martin Port
- English and spanish speaking guide
- Transportation for both tours in group.
- Bottle of Water.
- Personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees. 22 soles per person (6.50 USD) local payment at reception
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your ship has any delay in arriving, we strongly suggest to notify us three to four days in advance so we can arrange a new pick up time. We also suggest you to keep checking your emails in case the pickup time changes.
- Printed travel voucher or E-travel voucher along with your passport or any ID its required before boarding (verification purpose only).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
Great tour! We saw tons of birds, sea lions two types, and several penguins! The tour was a nice leisurely pace - plenty of time to enjoy all of the wildlife and take pictures. One the way out, enjoyed the Candelabra on the hillside. Following the boat tour to the Ballestas, drove through the Paracas Reserve and saw the fossils. Guide was knowledgeable and both tours were extremely enjoyable. Highly recommend.
BOAT RIDE WAS GREAT RANDY THE GUIDE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, LARS THE OTHER GUIDE WAS GREAT, THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THE VEHICLE USED FOR THE PARACAS RESERVE, NO A/C AND VERY SMALL FOR THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INVOLVED.
This was amazing! The Ballestas were overwhelming - I have never seen so many birds! The boat captain took us very close and we got great photos. The sea lions were so comical. They seemed perfectly comfortable draped over the rocks at impossible angles. But the penguins were the funniest. We watched one group trying to jump into the water in a difficult place. You could almost hear them debating about whether the incoming wave was big enough to avoid getting bashed on the rocks. Paracas was also fascinating. Our guide showed us fossils from 20 - 65 million years old in the desert, left over from the days when it was a sea bed. The views were fantastic! This was our last day of the cruise, so we finished on a high note! The guide was amazing - spoke English to us and French to a woman from Quebec. He was very knowlegeble and also a lot of fun!