Ballestas Islands Group Tour from San Martin Port
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Islas Ballestas, Paracas 11660 Peru
You will be met by our guide at 9:15am at San Martin Port, then you will be transferred to Paracas town, at this point you will meet the rest of the group and board our speedboat to begin the adventure to the stunning Ballestas Island. On the way you will stop at the Paracas peninsula to see the enigmatic figure of the Candelabro, a stunning design drawn on the side of a hill in the Peninsula. Nobody knows for sure who did it or why. There are many hypotheses regarding its origin, some believe it is related to the Nazca Lines but still found no proof or evidence that can define its creation. Afterwards, you'll head off to Ballestas Island, where you will see a stunning world filled with birds and sea lions. Here, you'll visit the three islands at a distance allowed, navigating inside some caves, depending on the condition of the sea. On your return to the port, you will board our vehicle to drive back to San Martin port to re-join your ship.
Duration: 2 hours
- Pickup and drop-off from San Martin Port.
- All activities and transportation in group.
- English and spanish speaking guide.
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Entrance fees of 16 soles per person ($4.80 USD) local payment at the dock.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Islas Ballestas
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your ship has a delay in arriving, we strongly suggest to notify us three to four days in advance so we can arrange a new pick up time. We also suggest you to keep checking your emails in case the pickup time changes.
- Printed travel voucher or E-travel voucher along with your passport or any ID its required before boarding (verification purpose only).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
The trip to the island was fantastic. Our guide was informative and easily understood. The only reason it was not given an excellent was because the return to the ship was disjointed. Instead of being delivered directly to the ship, we had a cab to a shuttle bus.
Very interesting, and unusual wildlife experience well organised and less than half the price for exactly the same trip on the cruise ship.
They picked us up in a van right outside the ship and took us directly to the port where we boarded a small boat that held about 20 people. It was a smooth ride as we passed the Candelabro and then headed out to the Ballestas Island. The captain could get the boat near the islands so we could see the many sea lions, penguins and caves. We also saw flocks of thousands of cormorants as they dove for anchovies.The guide on the boat shared a lot of information about the islands. I would definitely do this boat trip again.
So happy we went!