Behind the Scenes of a Boulangerie: French Bakery Tour in Paris
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montmartre, 75018 Paris France
On this intimate small-group tour of a Paris bakery located in the picturesque Montmartre neighborhood, you'll go behind the scenes and explore the production rooms where French bread and pastries are made.
Your knowledgeable bakery guide will explain how to make the famous French baguette and will demonstrate how the machines work. In a warm and relaxed atmosphere, your guide will give you plenty of bread-making tips and will tell you about the bread history.
Far from a factory with industrial methods, the French bakery you’ll visit is a typical small and independent Parisian production unit. The bakers are skilled artisan craftsmen who have real passion for every aspect of French baking. In addition to your newly acquired baking knowledge, you'll also take home a freshly baked French baguette and a croissant!
The exact address of your bakery will be sent to you after your reservation is made.
Duration: 1 hour
- Small-group tour (maximum 8 people) going behind the scenes of a French Bakery
- One freshly baked French baguette
- One freshly baked croissant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- For ages 6 and up. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or too many passengers in one booking that would overbook the class. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternate date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with sensitive airborne food allergies.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Everyone was very friendly but there just wasn't enough going on to make this tour interesting. We watched them roll dough for baguettes and then we watched them put pastries together..and that was it.
Marie was a delightful and well-informed tour guide! We enjoyed every minute of our tour and the baguettes and croissants were an extra treat. Thank you!
A wonderful experience. Such fun to see the making of that delicious French bread. This tour was well worth the time.
Wonderful. Loved this. Making croissants to take away in a traditional Paris bakery was terrific. Loads of interesting facts about the artisan industry and the skills of the bakers. What a shame England doesn't have an artisan baking tradition like this!!
This was a great visit to the Boulangerie.