Catacombs Guided Tour - Skip the Line access
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Paris Catacombs, 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris France
You will meet your expert guide at the entrance to the Catacombs, conveniently located at street level. 1 Place Denfert-Rochereau 74014 Paris. You will have skip the line entry privileges and descend 20 meters below the city to the underground world of the dead. Learn how the 200 miles of tunnels which were mined to build Paris became the answer to the problems created by overcrowded cemeteries above. You will marvel at the ingenuity and the struggles and the ultimate glory of this macabre and sacred place.
The tone is set as you pass under the sign which reads "Arrete, C'est Ici L'Empire De La Mort" (Stop. Here is the Empire of Death). Soon you are surrounded on all sides by bones and skulls ever so carefully arranged with reverence and decorative flourish. Your guide will lead you into special access areas that are closed to the general public as you literally follow in the footsteps of 18th and 19th century French royals. No visit to the City of Light is complete without a visit to this temple of darkness, The Paris Catacombs.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Professional, entertaining guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Catacombs Entrance Ticket
- Guided visit in the Catacombs
- Entry/Admission - The Paris Catacombs
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is approximately 1 mile of walking. Also, there are approximately 130 steps down and 85 steps back up to street level. This tour is not recommended for people who have mobility issues or anxiety in closed spaces. Please note that the temperatures in the Catacombs are 14 degrees centigrade.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Great tour good info. Our group was a little large some people would have missed out on the content.
Our guide, Igor shared his knowledge of the Catacombs and the rich history of Paris. He made sure everyone in the tour saw and heard about each section and helped us capture the best pictures. The VIP sections of the Catacombs and the skip the line ticket made this superb! Highly recommend this tour.
The tour and the host were both fantastic. Amber was very welcoming and knowledgeable, So much more history than just 6 million skeletons! Can not recommend this enough. Highlight of our trip to Paris. You’ve got to do this tour!
Our tour guide, Remy, was fantastic. Skipping the lines and getting to see a few restricted areas only available to tours was well worth the extra cost.
Skip the line access for the Catacombs is essential unless you like waiting in lines at least 90 minutes to 3 hours long. The catacombs and underground tunnels were super neat and our tour guide was knowledgeable, but her English was not great. Still recommend the tour.