Champagne Small-Group Day Trip including Moet & Chandon Visit & Lunch
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arc de Triomphe, Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008 Paris France
Pick up from your central located hotel inside Paris.Travel in the comfort of an air-conditioned minivan,
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Église Saint-Sindulphe de l’Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Hautvillers, 21 Rue de l'Abbaye, 51160 Hautvillers, France
Free visit of the Eglise de Saint-Sindulphe de l’Abbaye Saint-Pierre d’Hautvillers and the Dom Pérignon's tomb.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Avenue de Champagne, 51200, Epernay France
Hautvillers is a very charming small town with some fabulous views of the countryside.
The heaven avenue for all Champagne's lovers.
Now a UNESCO heritage site, a walk down the Avenue is a great experience to admire some beautiful champagne houses
Pass By: Eglise Notre-Dame, Rue du Dr Verron, 51200, Epernay France
Nearby the Epernay Train Station, a large parish church that
contains precious liturgical vestments, 15th & 16th-century statues, as well as a 15th-century tombstone adorned with a cameo of Marguerite de Chateauvillain, the Abbess of Argensolles, ( convent in the Epernay area)
Pass By: Office de Tourisme Intercommunal Hautvillers, 10 Place de la Republique, 51160 Hautvillers France
Hautvillers' Town Prayer dedicated to Champagne, you will find on some houses "Give me health for a long time, Work, not too often, Love, from time to time, But Champagne all the time!"
Stop At: Moet et Chandon Champagne Cellars, 20 avenue de Champagne, 51200, Epernay France
The rest of the morning is spent near Epernay where you will visit a traditional vine grower.Depending on the season, you will get the chance to see the grapes being pressed or the wine blended. Whatever the season you'll get to taste the finished product with a glass of the vineyard's own Champagne.
In the afternoon the tour continues to a guided visit at Moet and Chandon cellars. A wine maker will share insights into the production of Champagne while you tour the cellars and enjoy a tasting session.
Please note: The schedule and cellars visited are subject to change without notice, depending on the season. Please check itinerary.
Moet and Chandon may be visited in the morning and after lunch at Reims you can visit the cellars of the local vine grower.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Office de Tourisme Epernay Pays de Champagne, 7 avenue de Champagne, 51200, Epernay France
Then lunch, in the centre of Epernay, in a traditional restaurant: with drinks included
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Le Sentier du Vigneron, 9-7 Place de la Mairie, 51160 Mutigny, France
Guided visit of a small wine-grower and tasting (one glass of Champagne)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Mutigny Aire, Route de Montflambert, 51160 Mutigny, France
Time to leave the Champagne 's area to the French Capital
Pass By: 8th Arrondissement, Paris France
You will be back at around 5PM ( approx) in Paris
Pass By: 1 Place du Chatelet, 75001 Paris France
You will then be dropped at your hotel at around 5.15PM/5.30PM
- Round Trip transportation from your Paris accommodation in Paris
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 8 people)
- Photo stop at Hautvillers.
- Guided visit of a local wine-grower and tasting of champagne.
- Lunch in a charming restaurant in Epernay.
- Guided visit of Moët & Chandon cellars (or similar) and tasting of a glass of champagne.
- Service of an experienced driver-guide.
- Entry/Admission - Arc de Triomphe
- Entry/Admission - Moet et Chandon Champagne Cellars
- Entry/Admission - Office de Tourisme Epernay Pays de Champagne
- Entry/Admission - Le Sentier du Vigneron
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Moet & Chandon wine cellars will be closed in January and on Saturdays from November to March. Moet & Chandon occasionally close for private functions without notice. In this case, your tour guide will select an alternative cellar like George Cartier in Epernay.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that due to actual traffic situation in Paris the real Pick-up may take place up to 30 minutes later than the time indicated on the voucher. Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided to us at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure. Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours ( local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14) "
- For option : Mutigny & Moet in English, the tour will include Round Trip transportation from your Paris accommodation Photo stop at Hautvillers Guided visit of a local wine-grower and tasting of champagne Lunch in a charming restaurant in Epernay Guided visit of Moët & Chandon cellars (or similar) and tasting of a glass of champagne Services of an experienced driver-guide
- For option : Mutigny & Mumm in English, the tour will include Round Trip transportation from your Paris accommodation Guided visit of Mumm cellars and tasting of a glass of champagne Guided visit of a local wine-grower and tasting of a glass of champagne Photo-stop at Hautvillers and visit of the Saint Sindulphe church Three course meal with drinks included in a charming restaurant in Epernay Services of an experienced driver-guide
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Valentin was great -- we were able to see a lot of sights, the van was comfortable, and our guide was knowledgable and very friendly. We also were able to taste a lot and the food was cool. It was not too rushed and the timing was great.
Loved tour - learned so much about the whole process and have a new appreciation for the work tha goes into the making of champagne. Could have skipped lunch - food was not so good. Also, this other tour group jumped into our tour which was annoying. It was supposed to be just our group and the addition of their group is what took away from 5 star tour. Annoying guy from other tour group who decided to monopolize tour. Other than that it was great.
This tour is definitely not as described...we were dropped off at Reims Cathedral to do a self guided tour, the tour guide did not even come in with us. We also did not see grapes pressed or wine blended even though it was possible to do so in early September. Tour guide was more interested in letting the tourists sleep in the van rather than giving them lots of information on the region. Moet and Chandon was fantastic, the other winery was dirty and rather disgusting. Disappointing.
So happy we took this tour. Our guide, Herbert, was super! He was a very careful driver and kept us informed and entertained the whole day. The restaurant lunch was delicious. Obviously, we enjoyed the Moet and Chandonne tour, and the tastings there, and at the local champagne maker. The stop at Reims cathedral was so memorable. We also got to make a stop for coffee and a pastry about middle of the morning near the cathedral. Highly recommend doing this if you have the opportunity!
We had great time and great guide. She was helpful and informative