Chartres Old Town and Cathedral Tour from Paris
On your 6-hour tour of Chartres you’ll go back in time to learn about its storied Roman and Celtic history, take in the ancient granite walls that still surround the city, and visit the 12th-century cathedral that is the largest in France.
Your Chartres exploration uncovers what makes the legendary cathedral so rare and shares the sacred religious stories that are depicted throughout the cathedral in the stained glass and stone.
Of course, your tour of Chartres will do much more than simply show you the cathedral. Your guide will also take you through the ancient old town, built into the hill leading to the Eure River and escort you through the historical past of the town, when it was a village of mills. It is at one of those very mills, which charmingly overlooks the old town, where you will have the wonderful opportunity to have a local lunch and refreshments if you choose, before you return to Paris.
- Your tour guide will escort you from your hotel/apartment to Chartres
- Local, expert guide dedicated exclusively to your group
- Flexibility: you choose your start time, tour language, and meeting point
- Transportation tickets to and from Chartres (RT ticket: €28 per adult)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Our guides are multi-lingual, so please let us know if you have a language preference other than English. (We have guides that speak English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
The cathedral was amazing in every detail. The tour guide was competent, pleasant, knowledgeable and honest about any limitations of her knowledge. Aeon travel agency was very forthright about an accidental overcharge based on mistake that I was not aware of and promptly credited a refund.Kudos1
This was a great problem for me. The guide arrived at our hotel on time but instead of bringing transportation we had to follow her to a Metro station for a two-train ride to the main train station our expense. I have mobility problems and there were long walks with lots of stairs. The guide informed us that we would have to pay the round trip ticket to Chartes. I left and caught a taxi back to the hotel. My wife continued and had an excellent time. I do not recall reading of the physical demands and the extra transportation costs.