Private Half Day Fontainebleau Castle Guided Tour from Paris
As one of the largest, french châteaux, this impressive UNESCO World Heritage-listed castle is a joy to behold. Lived in by sovereigns since the Middle Ages, the castle exudes royalty on every level. Gaze in awe at its architecture, built across seven centuries, and admire the famous horseshoe staircase that leads from the castle’s palatial doors.
Your guide will guide you inside the castle to bring up to life this unique place, the Château de Fontainebleau which can proudly claim to have been a sovereign residence for eight centuries, where all members of French ruling dynasties, have lived within these walls.
There are more than 1,500 rooms comprising elaborate dining halls, galleries and ballrooms, not to mention 130 hectares (321 acres) of parks and gardens. Wander over to the beautiful Pavilion on Fontainebleau’s famous Carp Pond, or stroll through the English Garden – lined with pristine lawns, shrubs and trees.
After approximately 2.5 hours of exploring this magnificent site, sit back and relax for your relaxing journey back, in the company of your driver/guide who will escort you back to the door of your Paris Hotel or Apartement.
• Half-day trip to the UNESCO-listed Château de Fontainebleau, outside Paris
• Guided walking tour of the palace with your private guide
• Enjoy personalized attention from your expert guide
• Admire varying architectural styles that date back to the 12th century
• Explore lavishly decorated rooms and stroll through the Fontainebleau Gardens
- Pickup and drop-off from your Paris hotel
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with Driver/Guide
- Private licensed tour guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Fontainebleau
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
Great tour guide. do it yourself tor with audio..no crowdes.Even got t see some of the country side, artist village etc.
This is a wonderful tour and the Chateau is beautiful. The house is huge and the gardens are wonderful.. Our tour guide even showed us a little place to get a wonderful apple tartin after the tour was over! Your drive is about an hour out of Paris.
Tour guide was extremely well educated and provided am awesome history of France and Chateau de Fontaineblue.
The service that picked me up was excellent and the driver relayed so much history to us but the Chateau was so terribly disappointing with only a small area on level one of the right wing available to view. I expected that much of the total Chateau would be open for viewing.
Enjoyed this tour very much. We were picked up right on time and our driver gave us a wonderful history of the Fontainebleau chateau and French history. He also tied into art movements and explained to us about the painters who first painted open air in the forests surrounding the chateau. It probably would have been nicer if we went in the spring or summer when everything on the grounds would be alive and in bloom, but that was our choice to visit in January. I would not hesitate to book with Viator again.