Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte Tour with Champagne and Luxury Car Transport
On arrival, one hour later, take in spectacular views of the castle and gardens before stepping inside for a welcome reception. Sip Champagne in Vaux-le-Vicomte’s luxurious surroundings and savor delicate macarons: traditional French treats that comprise a buttercream filling sandwiched between two flavored meringue biscuits.
With your audio guide in hand, set off on an informative self-guided tour of the castle and admire the many sumptuous furnishings, lavishly gilded walls and beautiful tapestries you find. Stroll through the exquisite private apartments and state rooms, and imagine how life would have played out here during the 17th century. Climb to the top of the dome and admire a 360° view around the estate from the dome which is 25 meters high.
Step outside into Vaux-le-Vicomte’s manicured gardens and explore at your leisure. Cover the grounds with ease by golf cart or simply stroll along the pathways to admire the fountains and flowerbeds at your own pace. Perhaps visit the restaurant to enjoy more snacks or refreshments (own expense), or use the provided picnic rug to sit and eat outside.
After enjoying approximately three hours at Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, hop back inside your luxury car and relax on the journey to your Paris hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off by luxury car
- Champagne and macarons
- Audio guide
- 45-minute self-drive golf cart rental
- Use of a picnic rug
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Lunch (available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Luxury car can take up to 6 people
- One golf cart can accommodate four adults or three adults and two children under the age of 10. If your party includes five people over the age of 10, you will be given two golf carts to use
- Each driver must hold a valid driving license
- A credit card deposit of 200 EUR per golf cart will be required upon arrival at the château
- Please make a note in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking if you would prefer a non-alcoholic drink or wine (red, white or rosé) instead of Champagne
- Macarons are made with almonds and wheat; please specify any food allergies at the time of booking and the chef will offer a suitable alternative.
- Vehicles used for the limousine transfer are Mercedes S-Class (up to 3 people), Mercedes Viano (4-6 people), or equivalents.
Loved this. It was a cool, windy, and drizzly day when we visited, and we almost decided not to utilize the golf cart to tour the grounds. So glad we decided to brave the weather though, because it was at the golf cart rental shack where our champagne and macarons were waiting for us. Popping the champagne near the base of the gilded Hercules statue with sweeping views of the grounds turned out to be one of the most delightful events of our trip to France. On a side note, while touring the chateau's interior, pay the measly three euros and climb the stairs to the top of the chateau's dome - this was another spectacular highlight of our visit.
It would be better if one was allowed one extra hour on the golf cart. Otherwise it was a great experience if you have the money to spend