French Baking Class: Baguettes and Croissants in a Parisian Bakery
Experience the daily life of a Parisian baker as you learn the secrets of perfecting the classic bread that's an integral part of French daily life: the baguette. There are several varieties of baguettes, and during your workshop you'll see just a few of the many different types and styles that exist; there's more to a baguette than meets the eye! The flour will fly while you watch your expert baker demonstrate the proper techniques, from mixing the dough to shaping, scouring and baking. Then you'll get to try it out these techniques yourself! The reward for your hard work comes as you bite into your freshly-baked baguette as soon as it's out of the oven. But that's not all; you'll also discover how the famous French croissant is made from start to finish. It may seem daunting, but don't worry; the baker will help you understand the process and the secrets behind making perfect croissants. You'll taste a fresh croissant as the class concludes. Over these two hours of fun and discovery, you'll learn all you need to know about baking, how the ingredients play an integral role in the final results, and just what makes French baking so special.
- Cooking class
- Tasting of baguettes and pastries
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or too many passengers in one booking that would overbook the class. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with sensitive airborne allergies
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
My husband and I really enjoyed this . It was one of our highlight of our time in Paris it was well translated in small group. Taste of croissants were amazing. Highly recommend
This is a must for anyone who loves the simple magic of a French baguette. What a treat to have behind-the-scenes look at just what makes that magic happen. It was less of a baking class and more of a shaping class but given the time it takes to prep that's understandable. Go hungry - there's lots of sampling and you walk away with your own baguette. Chef and interpreter were a delight!
Didier and Mariette (apologies if I have misspelt our lovely translators name) were fantastic. I learned so much and it was such an enjoyable experience. I would recommend this activity to anybody who loves to cook. I would have liked to have some recipes though :(
Amazing 2 hours with the master chef of the bakery! Through an English speaking interpreter, he shared his passion and methods of making bagettes and croissants. It was an incredible experience that we would highly recommend.
The absolute highlight of my three weeks in Paris absolutely wonderful and good recipes supplied afterwards by email.