Family Treasure Hunt in Montmartre
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montmartre, 75018 Paris France
Meet your guide at the closest metro to Montmartre. From there, you’ll already be able to spot the Sacré-Coeur basilica, which towers above Paris. To climb up there, we offer your family a much funnier – and much less tiring – means than walking. Which one? To be discovered once at the location!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre, 35 Rue du Chevalier-De-La-Barre, 75018 Paris France
From the church esplanade, you’ll enjoy the most wonderful of view of Paris. But no time to mess around- your kids’ treasure hunt is now on! They’ll have to keep their eyes wide open to solve the funny riddles we've concocted for them. Their task? Spotting animal sculptures hidden throughout the neighborhood and finding out clues about Montmartre artistic life during the 19th century.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Place du Tertre, Paris France
Next to Place du Tertre, they’ll need to explore less-frequented side streets to discover which artists of the past are featured in current museums. Wandering along cobblestoned lanes, they’ll hear about Van Gogh or Cézanne's favorite cabaret. On Place Marcel Aymé, a strange local character has, for sure, some clues to unveil.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Place des Abbesses, Paris France
Your family will pass by locations that inspired some of the most famous modern painting canvasses. At Le Moulin de la Galette restaurant or on the Bateau-Lavoir Square, they’ll understand the kind of aesthetic revolution that occurred here, while having a blast. After a last enigma solved on Place des Abbesses, the whole family will deserve a break in a typical café. Savoring a drink, your kids will assess their treasure hunt, relate their discoveries, and uncover the final mystery.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Meet the Locals in France, 7 rue d Argenteuil, 75001 Paris France
Let our team know if you have any questions or concerns!
- A complimentary drink in a typical French caf
- Professional guide
- An activity booklet for each child
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food, snacks and alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fees (no inside visit scheduled in the tour)
- Transportation to/from attractions (except bus tickets during the tour)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Price applies for a family of 2 adults and 2 children.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (2km of walking on hilly and uneven grounds, few stairs)
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This was a nice little tour, but not spectacular. We met the guide at the designated spot. We climbed up to Sacre Coeur, through he cathedral, and around the neighborhood. The guide gave my son a little book with clues and things to look for along the route. That definitely helped to keep his attention. It was pretty hard for us all to hear the guide when we were walking, because she did a lot of talking while leading us and facing away from us, or to the side. Plus, her voice didnt carry very much. It was definitely a nice walk but had a lot of hills, as expected in Montmartre!, but I felt that we learned more about the neighborhood from the 2CV tour guide that took us through the neighborhood a few days prior. That guides stories/history was more complete/detailed. I feel like we only got part of the stories from the treasure hunt guide. I feel kind of bad leaving a mediocre review, because the guide was a really cool/nice woman. I dont think that we would do this tour again, though. :