Château de Fontainebleau Day Trip
Journey through French history on this day trip to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau, two lavish châteaux once home to France’s extravagant royalty and aristocracy. Start your trip in Paris and hop onboard a luxury air-conditioned coach for the 35-mile drive to Château Vaux le Vicomte, a baroque château said to have inspired Louis XIV to build the palace of Versailles. The exceptional combination of majestic architecture, opulent interiors, and breath taking gardens make it one of Europe’s most influential architectural landmarks. Explore the château independently at your own pace with the in-depth audio guide and enjoy some free time to roam the 99 acres complete with elaborate fountains, far-reaching lawns and lakes. For refreshment, head to the on-site restaurant for lunch and drinks. Then, you’ll head to the UNESCO-listed Château de Fontainbleau where centuries of French royal dynasties have lived. With your audio guide, you’ll hear the site’s fascinating history as you naviagte the resplendent rooms where every square inch is richy adorned with tapestires, mythological frescoes, and gilded carvings. After seeing Napoleon’s throne and the famous double horseshoe staircase, board the coach back to Paris where your day trip ends.
- Visit the magnificent Baroque château of Vaux le Vicomte, take an audio guided tour through the sumptuous interior and explore the breath-taking gardens
- Journey to the heart of Fontainebleau forest and discover the royal UNESCO-listed château there, the only residence in France continuously inhabited for 7 centuries
- Enjoy an audio guided tour through Fontainbleau’s resplendent state rooms where the Mona Lisa once hung and stroll through the French- style formal gardens that inspired Versailles
- Relax in a luxury, air-conditioned coach to and from Paris
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email