Independent Day Trip to London from Paris including Thames River Cruise
During the tour, see London's most iconic attractions: Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament (Palace of Westminster) and Big Ben, the London Eye, the Tower of London, the picturesque Tower Bridge and more. As you ride around town, a knowledgeable English-speaking guide (or a multilingual audio guide) on board the bus will tell you all about the sights you're seeing.
After your sightseeing tour, you may join a free guided walking tour if you wish. Choose between the 2-hour Diamond Jubilee Walking Tour (where you'll stroll around numerous places connected to the Royal Family and the Royal Wedding) and the Beatles London Walking Tour (where you'll visit the places where the Fab Four worked and played in London). Then it’s time to take to the water on a relaxing cruise down the River Thames, where you can admire London’s medieval waterfront sights.
Next, you’ll have some free time to explore London at your leisure, whether for shopping, sightseeing, eating, or all three. Make sure you allow yourself ample time to make your own way back to the St Pancras station at least 45 minutes before your 8:01pm departure on the Eurostar train. You will be back in Paris by 11:17pm!
- Reserved train seat on Eurostar
- Open-top bus tour with live English commentary or multilingual audio-guide
- Optional walking tour
- Thames River cruise
- Map of London
- Food and drinks (available on board the Eurostar train; you will have free time in London to eat, as well)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Thames River cruise departs every 20 minutes from Embankment, London Eye and St Katherine's Pier
- Children under 3 are complimentary. You must bring a valid passport and visa if required. Please arrive at least 45min at the train station before your train departure time for check-in.
- If purchasing more than one ticket, they will all be printed under the lead passenger’s name
- 100% cancellation charges apply for this tour – once booked, it cannot be cancelled
- During this tour there is a fair amount of fast paced walking involved. Please dress appropriately.
- Please note that there is a 1-hour time difference between London and Paris, with Paris 1 hour ahead.
- Trains depart at 7:13 AM from Gare du Nord station. Return train departs St. Pancras International at 8:01 PM. You will arrive back in Paris at 11:17 PM. You will receive confirmation of your exact train departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Check-in is 1 hour prior to departure and return trains. You must check in at Gare du Nord at 6 AM.
- On 26 August 2019 outbound train 9009 will depart from Paris Gare du Nord at 8:13am, arriving to London St Pancras International at 9:30am. Meeting time at Gare du Nord 7:00am. Inbound train 9054 will depart from London St Pancras International at 20:01pm arriving to Paris Gare du Nord at 23:17pm
- Please note: on selected date the tour departure time may vary- please confirm this with the supplier prior to the travel date
- Golden Tours will have no liability if Eurostar trains are delayed for unforeseen circumstances such as security alerts, third party action, or bad weather as this is beyond the supplier's control.
- ‘Due to security reasons and regulations imposed by the train company and the attractions, you must contact the supplier 24 hours after the booking date to confirm the exact names of all the travellers within your booking’.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Train seats are allocated on first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together.
What was I thinking? London in a day. Just to do the London Tower tour was about 2.5 hours Westminster Abbey another 2 hours and maybe longer if you did the audio tour. Then traffic in London. I still got fish n chips so all in all it was a good day
Too much traffic all around the city. The recording went in and out too much and no one showed us where to take the river cruise. We waljed ariung had to ask questions and were lost for a while, we missed the boat had to wait for an hour and could not partake in a stop at Buckingham palace.
Hop on, Hop Off - I wasn't aware of this package deal. I didn't like that the wait for the bus to come back around took 45 mins or more. The wait time for the bus took up the majority of the sightseeing time. The audio was off and I didn't know what I was looking at. The bus drivers kept pulling over for long breaks - stalling the tour.
It was my first time in London and this one day trip from Paris was a great introduction. If I were to do it again I would have had a more detailed map of London streets with me as I spent a lot of the time trying to find where the bus we had tickets for was as often it was blocks away from locations.
Great opportunity to see the highlights of London!
We went on this trip on March, it was very cold but really pretty, it is a good way to take a glimpse of London in 1 day. The traffic is crazy in London so I would recommend really choose your stops as you won't be able to see it all. The service of the company was great everybody helped us get the most of the experience.
DO NOT BUY! I WOULD GIVE 0 IF I COULD. GoldenTours Told we wouldnt do walks, that was a lie. Its like riding a city bus, no time for pics. NOT 1 GUIDE was helpful, 8 different "guides" directed us on wrong buses, we spend the whole day listening to people from GoldenTours that didnt know anything!
The train ride was nice. Grab some snacks before you get on the train. One you get to London the traffic is terrible don't expect to see everything. You can't get around that fast. Plan what you want to see ahead of time. 3 or 4 major things is all you will get to see. You will not be able to take the bus around the second time.
This is THE BEST tour of our selection, all well arranged and we really enjoyed this trip...except one staff in LONDON who gave pass to us in St. Pancras station...all others are very nice. That staff is not at all good and cribbing about his dissatisfaction of job and looking at my wife as if he never seen a lady at all. Did not gave any good impression...however, trip was enjoyable. We just loved london and we will come back to London alone to spend more days. Our Euro Star journey is memorable.