Mont-St-Michel Independent Day Tour with Optional Audio Guide from Paris
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Place des Pyramides, 75001 Paris France
Prefer to explore on your own? Arrive by coach and then you’re free to create your own itinerary.
Forget the hassle of train schedules or car rental, just sit back and let us take care of your transport.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Palais Garnier - Opera National de Paris, Place de l_Opera Place de l’Opéra, 75009 Paris France
After being picked up in central Paris and traveling in luxury by coach,
Pass By: Office de Tourisme de Caen, 12 Place Saint Pierre, 14000 Caen France
After driving through the amazing French landscape ,you’ll arrive on the Normandy coast relaxed
Stop At: Baie du Mont St Michel, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Ready to explore the rocky island of Mont St. Michel.
Your driver will give you a brochure full of useful information and tips to make the most of your day.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel, Bp 22 Au sommet du village, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Some of the village’s restaurants close mid-afternoon, so consider eating on the earlier side. Then, why not make your way up to the top of the hill (to work off your lunch!) and visit the Benedictine Abbey? Founded when the Bishop of Avranches saw a vision of Archangel Michael in a dream, this pilgrimage site from the Middle Ages features a copper statue of Michael slaying a dragon, the monk’s refectory, cloisters and ramparts.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fortifications du Mont-Saint-Michel, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Check out the shops, cafés and museums (with our exclusive discounts) that line the narrow lanes as you stroll back downhill. Look out for observation points where you can observe the tide. During low tide, the island is surrounded by sand, then it’s completely enclosed by water at high tide! At the end of your magical day, you’ll hop back on the coach to return to Paris.
"●Enjoy your independent day-trip from Paris to Mont St. Michel
●Relax on a scenic ride through Normandy by luxury coach
●Discover Mont Saint-Michel at your own pace
●Visit the UNESCO-listed abbey with your entrance ticket
●Stroll through the village’s cobbled lanes
●Enjoy audio commentary on selected points of interest ( if option selected)
●Watch the tide come in and surround the entire island
●Admire the splendid view of the bay
●Benefit from attractive special offers to the museum
●Shop for delicious ""La Mère Poulard"" biscuits at a discount"
By selecting the below option ref MSD, you will have:
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• Admission to Mont St-MichelBy selecting Audio Guided Mont St Michel ref MSL you will have:
• Audio headsets available in 8 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean)
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• Admission to Mont St-Michel
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Mont Saint Michel Tourist Information Center, Lieu-dit Le Bas Pays, Mont-Saint-Michel France
During low tide, the island is surrounded by sand, then it’s completely enclosed by water at high tide! At the end of your magical day, you’ll hop back on the coach to return to Paris.
Pass By: Rouen Normandie Tourisme & Congres, 25 Place de la Cathedrale, 76000, Rouen France
Drive through the French countryside before arriving to the French Capital.
Pass By: Arc de Triomphe, Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008 Paris France
Once in Paris around 8.45/9PM
Stop At: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
You will be dropped back at the departure point.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Jardin des Tuileries pl. de la Concorde, rue de Rivoli, 75058 Paris France
We suggest you to have a meal or a drink in the area
- Round-trip transport from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Audio guide ( if option selected) and recorded commentary in 8 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean)
- Special offers for museums
- Reductions in shops selling "La Mère Poulard"
- Discount flyers at Mont Saint Michel
- Entry/Admission - Baie du Mont St Michel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This day trip includes approx. 4 hours at Mont St-Michel; the journey from Paris is between 4 and 5 hours each way
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including a number of steps and uphill paths to get to the abbey
- Not recommended for anyone with mobility difficulties
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- This tour takes place all year round and in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Return back in Paris around 9:15pm
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Audio guide ( if option selected ) available in: French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, German, Chinese,and korean
We had a great time visiting Mount Saint Michael. We went on this self-guided with an English audio recorder. It was helpful to have some information about the things that we were seeing. We did not purchase the tour that included lunch. I am glad we didn't as it appears that they had less time at Mount Saint Michael to explore. There were plenty of places with a variety of price went ranges at Mount Saint Michael for you to eat. While indeed it is an all-day tour it is worth it at least to me.
This is a place that you should really make the effort to go and see! The bus ride from Paris and back is a bit long but still very with it. (With the exception of the Viator bait and switch for my ticket prices!)The tour company operating the trip and the destination of course we're absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend the Mont-St Michel trip and if possible stay closer so you can spend more time there. It was possibly the best part of our 2 weeks in Paris, Amsterdam, and Bruges.
The tour is great. We enjoy the scenery. However, the audio scenery #s on map provided by the tour company do not match with the #s marked by the museum. Therefore, as an example, when we entered the museum, seeing an audio scenery # marked by the museum on the column, we search the same # on the map provided by tour company. They don't match. We could not get good audio from the map.
Simply the best tour. It is highly recommend for all travelers. The driver and the guide are surely professional and know their craft. The tour company is definitely reliable.