Local French market & Picnic tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: With Love From Paris Tours, 75001 Paris France
The goal of this interactive and informal experience is to make you feel at home, comfortable in the atmosphere of a French market. A picnic will follow with the fresh delights that we will choose at the market and some complimentary wine. This small group experience will give everyone the possibility to interact with your guide and with the vendors. This is the assurance that you will get the most genuine experience away from the usual touristy places.
• We will Leisurely walk along the alleys of a typical outdoor French market
• You will receive an informal course and insider tips by your professional local guide
• Before the market starts, you also get a useful historical (sometimes surprising) overview of the neighborhood where we will be
• You'll learn easy kew sentences to positively interact with the vendors
• You will learn how to choose the best palatable cheeses, seasonal fruits, baguette, and other delights
• A picnic will follow at a inviting green location where everyone will enjoy to learn and mingle
• Complimentary French wine during the picnic
• Your guide will give you useful tips and suggestions about other fun things to do in Paris
• There is always surprises because you are a VIP (Vacationer in Paris)
• At the end of this experience, we will cheerfully part ways in a lovely Paris location where you'll enjoy other great attractions.
Duration: 2 hours
- Our selection of food for the picnic (Cheese, bread, fruits, and other foodies from the market)
- Libation (wine or champagne)
- Small surprises
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Your transportation to the meeting point
- Any of your personal purchases (other than what we'll have together at the picnic)
- Your guide's optional gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Meeting point will be received upon booking (and how to easily get to our meeting point).
- Rain or shine, the tour will be maintained. If the weather conditions (rain, cold weather) don't allow a proper picnic, we will get snack from the market (like a savory crepe, or else) that we can eat while strolling the alleys. A drink will be offered inside a local café. The experience of meeting new people will remain the same, fun and informative in an exciting environment.
- You shall wear comfortable shoes and dress accordingly for your day ahead.
- The choice of the market is the guide's decision based on the day of the booking. Whichever day your tour will occur, you will fully grab the essence of this major French cultural activity.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Note that: From December to March (and if weather doesn't permit a picnic some day the rest of year) , our planned Picnic is replaced by sharing a bite on site at the market (a savory crepe or any homemade snack) + a drink offered at a local café.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Enjoyed the guide who was very friendly and likable. We picked out what we wanted for lunch at a local food market which focused on fresh fruit in season, an abundance of cheese, some dried meats (we skipped the fresh horse) and the like. Visited a local bakery for fresh baguettes and then went to the grounds of a castle (via subway) where we enjoyed our picnic on a blanket with beverage of our choice. .
Really enjoyed this authentic market experience! Milan showed helped us navigate a local market, taught us some helpful French phrases, and showed us around a neighborhood we probably wouldn’t have otherwise visited. Check out this tour if you like to get off the beaten track and enjoy some locally sourced food!