Mont Saint Michel Day Trip from Paris
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel, Bp 22 Au sommet du village, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Your time on the island begins with a delicious lunch (check itinerary for a sample menu*). Refreshed and raring to go, your guide will lead you up narrow paths to the top of the tiny village for incredible Atlantic views, while revealing its fascinating history. Retrace the steps of pilgrims of the Middle Ages to discover the famous Benedictine abbey - legend has it, the Archangel Michael appeared here to the bishop of Avranches. Hear about the extreme tides surrounding the island, giving it a fairytale feel
Pass By: Place des Pyramides, 75001 Paris France
If you love captivating French history and wonderful views, this tour is for you!
From central Paris, through the picture-postcard Normandy coast, a long relaxing drive will transport you to a unique UNESCO World Heritage Site - the magical rocky island of Mont St Michel
Pass By: Baie du Mont St Michel, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
With around 4 hours at this incredible place in total, you’ll have plenty of time to explore shops, museums and nature at your leisure.
*Sample lunch menu at the Relais St-Michel
Salmon with rice and vegetables
One bottle of cider for six people
One bottle of mineral water for six people
One tea or coffee
There are 3 possible options to select :
• 7.15AM With a guide and have the Abbaye Ticket and lunch included with a departure from our central located agency
• 6.30AM With a guide and have the Abbaye Ticket and lunch included with a departure from any hotel or residence inside Paris ( Zip code must start by 75)
• 7.15AM With a return ticket Only to Mont St Michel at your own pace including Abbaye entrance Ticket with a departure from our central located agency
Sample lunch menu: Restaurant Relais St-Michel
Salmon with rice and vegetables
One bottle of cider per six people
One bottle of mineral water per six people
One tea or coffee per person
- Guide interpreter ( if option selection)
- Lunch ( if option selected)
- Entrance tickets
- Return transportation from Paris
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be sent after booking
- Hotel pickup is one of this tour’s many benefits - please note it cannot be guaranteed if booking 24 hours or less before the tour begins.
- Arrangements and itinerary will be finalized once your booking is complete
- Coach journey from Paris to Mont-Michel is approx. 4-5 hours each way
- Time spent at Mont St-Michel is approx. 4 hours
- This tour involves quite a lot of walking with steps and uphill paths so is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties
- The tour takes place all year round, so dress for the weather, including appropriate shoes!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
The most amazing place to visit. Well organized company, the tour guide was so knowledgeable and pleasant. The food was not that great, but better than nothing. Overall a very interesting experience.
We chose the most basic option which is just the bus ride to Mont St Michel. Overall, the trip was comfortable and the ride is longer than the time we took to visit it. Climb up to see the beautiful view the island provides.
Definitely a must do - Just don't go on the day that the museums are closed. As every one goes to Mont Saint Michel
I notified Viator of my dietary restrictions at the time of reservation. I also let our tour guide know when I boarded the bus of my gluten intolerance. The restaurant would only provide overcooked mushy, overcooked veggies that were inedible and not the gluten free meal I requested. I did not expect gourmet fare but this really missed the mark.
Nice comfortable bus ride. Lunch with view of Mont St Michel. Informative guide both on bus about Normandy and at the Mont.
Excellent service. Excellent guide. We enjoyed our trip tremendously! We highly recommend this trip!
Truly .. Shame for the agency for going along with it and Shame for the relay to even consider serving boiling water with maybe less than 2oz of fish. . Not even salt or pepper in it.... Wasn't expecting much but definitely didn't think anyone would have the audacity to serve something like that in France. ... They figured it's 1 time tourists they are dealing with and obviously don't care. I was shocked !! Again tour was great and the guide we had was really good.
We we paid extra for pick up from our hotel, which was well worth the extra as it was a 6.30am pickup. We were taken to the Paris City Vision bus depot which was a very well organised company. This day tour was a huge day trip, but well worth doing. The drive was enjoyable, with a stop along the way. Our French Lunch was included when we arrived, which was just lovely. We then caught the shuttle bus with our guide who took us up every step and hill there was, I’m sure! We were not young, but handled the hills and steps quite well. It was an amazing place to visit, with a feeling of being in a totally different world. We had a little free time at the end and had to meet our guide back at the first stop from the shuttle bus. We became a little lost on our own finding our way down from Mont Saint Michele, but made it out and finally caught the shuttle bus back to our bus! It was a long drive home, but a good rest. We had a stopover on the way home, which was welcomed! We were given a taxi voucher when we arrived back to the depot, and our taxi had been booked and waiting for us! This made it so easy to get back to our hotel after a very long day. This is a very memorable day trip, well worth doing. Just a beautiful place to visit!
Nice time at MtMichael trip to and from was long and boring. It would ave been nice to have WI-Fi or a video of some sort concerning the destination. Bus ride took 4 hours each way.