Palace of Versailles with Skip the Line Audio Guided Tour
Your audio guide will enable you to discover the State apartments of the King and Queen, the Royal Chapel and Hall of Mirrors, the epitome of French opulence: three hundred and fifty-seven mirrors line the gold-adorned hall and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling.
You will also be given time to explore the manicured gardens "à la française", which mirrors the splendor of the interior. Designed by the French landscaper André Le Nôtre in 1661 for the King Louis XIV, the 2,000-acre park is an architectural expanse of perspectives, parterres, fountains and groves that since its inception has defined what a French garden should be.
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Hostess in coach
- Individual audio guide in the palace available in: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish and Mandarin Chinese
- Musical Gardens" and "Fountain Show" included on selected dates (Gardens on Tuesdays only and Fountains show on Weekends only)
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Chapel
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is strongly advised not to wear high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
- Musical show of the gardens of Versailles is available only on Tuesdays
- Fountains show of the gardens of Versailles is available only Saturdays and Sundays
We booked the morning tour which was very good as the afternoon at the chateau was extremely crowded. Our tour guide was very good but he took our group at a pace that was too fast for many people. We had a person with mobility challenges and our guide left him in the dust as the group sped away
I was in Paris on a business trip and this was the perfect activity for the limited amount of time I had available. I wish I could have been there a full day since the grounds at Versailles are absolutely beautiful but this half day tour worked well for me. I was able to see the palace and see a few of the fountains. The departure in the morning and return from the palace was prompt and the guides on the bus were patient, informative and helpful. I'm glad i was able to sneak away from work to enjoy this. The palace and the gardens are simply breathtaking.
I just loved this place, it is a pity that it is not used for what it was built for. Such a grand building and lovely gardens
Excellent tour, still had to wait for a while at the beginning to enter. The palace was impressive, but even at 9 am there were already crowds inside. The gardens were not as impressive as we had hoped. They were mostly dirt.
This was a great trip - nice guide, nice bus, good weather. I enjoyed being on my own to tour the castle.
Absolutely a must.... We went on a Sunday morning, and the agency was a few blocks from eiffel tower... Our guide Silva was amazing, very pleasant and patient... So glad I got the skip the line because omgoodness the line was packed with tourist waiting to purchase tickets!!!! The audio guide was easy just dial the number of each room and the information started playing... Palace was awesome by the way... We just happened to come the first day of the musical gardens , a must of you can ... Simply marvelous!!! Our tour lasted to 1130 ish, we had to be back on bus by 1140 for the half day. The full day lasted to 440pm... If your looking for friendly guides that escort you into the monument without waiting all day, this is it!!