Paris during WWII Historical Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Le Marais 3e Arrondissement, 75003 Paris France
Meet your guide just outside the "Saint Paul" metro station on line N°1.Your tour starts in the heart of the historic Marais district
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Jewish quarter, 71 rue du Temple Musée d'art et d'histoire du Judaïsme, 75003 Paris France
A walk through the Jewish quarter will be the perfect setting for tales of deportation and the bleak reality of the final destination: Auschwitz.
Stop At: Memorial De La Shoah, 17 rue Geoffroy L Asnier, 75004 Paris France
You’ll stop at Paris’s Holocaust museum
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Before crossing the river toward Ile de la Cité. You will get a coffee break at an authentic local café,
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, 6 Parvis Notre-Dame Place Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris France
Next stop will be iconic buildings where the war’s key battles were
Pass By: Prefecture de Police de Paris, 1 rue de Lutece Place Louis Lépine, 75004 Paris France
And lost like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Paris Préfecture,
Pass By: Conciergerie, 2 boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris France
And the Conciergerie, one of the oldest palace of Ile de la Cité.
Pass By: Pont-Neuf, Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Your guide will introduce you to the famed story of the Monuments Men, and a different sort
of liberation: this time the stolen artwork across Europe
Pass By: 1st Arrondissement, Paris France
To conclude you’ll contemplate the harrowing final days of the Occupation, including Hitler’s orders to destroy the city and the arrival of the Allied Forces just in the nick of time…
- English-speaking guide
- Small-group tour (no more than 10 participants)
- A guided visit of le Marais & Ile de la Cité 'Areas
- A complementary coffee break in an authentic Parisian Place
- Entry/Admission - Le Marais
- Entry/Admission - Ile de la Cite
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks ( unless specified)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meet your guide just outside the "Saint Paul" metro station on line 1. There is only one exit when leaving the station. Your guide will be waiting for you close to the carousel. He is wearing a special badge with the Localers logo, you can't miss it!
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Ana was great!! we learned so much about history!! Highly recommended!
Heidi was our tour guide and I loved her spunk and the way she delivered the information. This tour did not seem like 3 hours because she was so informative and interesting to listen to. The meeting spot was just as it read in the information, easy to find and well worth exploring the Jewish neighborhood and learning about WWII history!
A sobering reminder of atrocities committed by Hitler and the need to take a stand,even at great personal risk, against those who would harm others.
Loved this walking tour!!!
Cory was our guide. He kept us entertained with short anecdotes that brought the history alive. We saw and heard events and personal experiences that can never be found in any history textbook. Worth your time.