Paris Cooking Class: Desserts and Pastries
As a professional chef, your host has all the utensils and equipment you could possibly need. Put on your apron, and discover the secrets to making typically rich French desserts, as well as worldwide favorites.
The desserts created during your Paris cooking class will vary, but rest assured, whatever you eat is sure to be lip-smackingly good! Examples of typical French desserts and pastries that you may make include lemon madeleines (shell-shaped butter cookies) and tarte Tatin (upside-down caramelized apple flans). Additionally, you may make a dessert or two that is common outside of France, such as a deliciously gooey chocolate fondant or pineapples roasted in rum.
Under the watchful eye of your host, make two or three different desserts, chatting about baking, cooking and all things sugary as you go! After creating your dishes, sit down, relax and eat! You’ll have roughly 45 minutes to enjoy your dessert, with your choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate.
After enjoying a cooking class in one of the world’s food capitals, you’ll be ready to show off your polished cooking skills to friends and family back home!
- 2 desserts
- Professional chef
- Copies of the recipes
- Apron, utensils and ingredients
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free and lactose-intolerant dietary restrictions are catered to. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking.
- The class requires a minimum of two people total. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or too many passengers in one booking that would overbook the class. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
Chef Martha was lovely and the kids and even my husband enjoyed the experience. Cant wait for the recipes so we can make them when we get back to Australia
The cooking class was really fun and chef Drury was lovely. All the desserts were delicious and having my family together for that time was very special .
Chef Dominique Dury was so inviting! He was well prepared and had everything ready to go. He also did such a great job at explaining everything as we went. Highly recommend. (Only thing is I'm still waiting on the recipes - can't wait to try them at home) Will never forget this experience!
My granddaughter 7 yo and I took this class and it was a wonderful experience. Chef Dominique was a great teacher and since my granddaughter is a budding chef he let her do everything she knew how to do plus teaching us both new skills. The desserts we made were delicious and we have the recipes to make them again. This was a real treat for us to do together and I highly recommend this class for adults and children or both!
What an amazing experience. Our chef was friendly, very knowledgable and really cared about making us enjoy the experience. We would definitely recommend it!
We enjoyed our time very much. It was personal and fun. We would do it again. Thank you for being so kind chef!
Frederick was great. Highlight of our trip. So much fun. Made 3 incredible desserts and learned a lot. His apartment was adorable and he was so much fun. Easy access as he lives right across the street from The Tube. He sent the recipes quickly and I can't wait to try them at home. Highly recommend!
Fabulous! Chef Marthe was great. Explained everything well, and followed up with e-mailed recipes. Left her class with lots of goodies. Would most definitely take more of her classes on our next trip to Paris.