Paris Private Trip to Giverny: Claude Monet's House and Gardens and Musée des Impressionnismes
Upon arrival at
Claude Monet's House and Gardens, stroll with your guide through the rows of vibrant flowers in front of Monet's pink-and-green home. Visit the
water lily pond and
Japanese bridge, which you'll recognize from some of the
Monet's best-known paintings. Admire the variety of vegetation, including cherry trees, tulips, roses, wisteria, weeping willows, and irises. Explore the interior of the house, and see the famous
kitchen, dining room, living space, bedrooms, and the painter's collection of Japanese prints. As one of the leaders of the Impressionist movement of the 19th century, Monet introduced more perception, emotion, and light into art of his age, and he spent almost 40 years developing his Giverny property. You'll also stop by one of his workshop.
Afterward, head to the
Musée des Impressionnismes (Museum of Impressionism), honoring Impressionist artists around the world. The museum depicts the history of this favorite art genre and features
The Garden, designed by landscape painter Mark Rudkin, which offers a colorful nod to the themes dear to the Impressionists. Check out the permanent gallery,
Monet Around, to learn about the influence Monet and his contemporaries had on the generations that followed them, and visit the temporary exhibitions.
Your tour ends with return to Paris for hotel drop-off.
- Learn from a local professional guide : Being experts in their areas of history studied and very passionate story tellers makes our guides real assets. Enjoy a personal licensed guide.
- A private tour : Individual attention and quality time with your guide are guaranteed.
- Skip-the-Line access: Priority access to the Palace of Versailles and to the Monet's Gardens.
- Monet’s Home: Visit the painter's house where he lived with his big family. The yellow dining room, his first workshop and the kitchen are especially memorable.
- The Flower Garden: Every season, every month, flower beds change: tulips, hyacinths, iris, nasturtiums. At any time of the year, find the flower landscapes dear to the impressionist master.
- The Water Garden: Main subject of painting at the end of his life, Monet liked to spend time there and observe the variations of light and the reflections of his garden on the pond, famous for water lilies..
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
- Private Tour
- Exclusive services
- Licensed Professional Driver Guide
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation / hotels in Paris
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Musee des impressionnismes
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Specific demand, just let us know - we will do our best
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Beautiful setting and really a site not to be missed. They really need to put a cap on how many tickets they sell as it got very crowded very fast.
A wonderful visit! Our tour guide, Sarah, was lovely. She was full of information, made sure we were comfortable in the van including providing wifi and knew the best spots for getting the perfect photos despite the large crowds and be warned, there are large crowds!.