Paris Walking Tour - The French Revolution
Sights of the French Revolution Walking Tour include:
• Les Invalides - over 30,000 arms were stolen from here in order to attack the Bastille
• Place de la Concorde - site of the beheadings of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, among many others
• Tuileries Palace - the site of the royal palace that served as a prison for King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in the Tuileries Gardens
• National Assembly - site of the lower house of the French Legislative branch
• Reign of Terror - the years following the Revolution that saw chaos, betrayal and murder
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Place de la Concorde
- Entry/Admission - Jardin des Tuileries
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
I've done other walking tours, but this one was my favorite. You really do get to see the places that shaped the whole beginning to end of the French Revolution.
Excellent guide very knowledgeable. Highly recommend if wanting to get some history.
Lavanya was an excellent tour guide. very knowledgeable and friendly. Went out of her way to explain the hsitory and answer all our questions. It was my first day in Paris and I was worried I would be too jet lagged to do a walking tour. But she made it so much fun, I didn't feel tired at all.
This tour was amazing!
This tour was our favorite. Our guide was very engaging, and we really learned a lot. I booked the tour because it was something I was interested in, and I dragged my kids and husband along. Afterwards, they could not stop talking about it - they loved it. We are so glad we did it.