Private Tour: Giverny, Monet and Auvers-sur-Oise Impressionist Day Trip from Paris
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
After morning pickup from your Paris hotel by private minivan, sit back and relax on the 1.5-hour journey to Giverny to visit Claude Monet's home and gardens. Monet, a key founder of the Impressionist movement, lived for many years at this house and completed a number of his most famous paintings there, including the iconic water lily series
Pass By: Musee des impressionnismes, 99 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Discover Monet's restored home and studio, where he lived and worked from 1883 to 1926, and explore his breathtaking gardens at your own pace. Capture the beautiful colors on camera; a particular highlight is the water lily pond with its famous Japanese bridge, featured in a number of Monet's masterpieces.
Next head to the Musée des Impressionnismes, where you'll admire a variety of Impressionist paintings and learn about the history of this epic artistic movement, which started in France. Then enjoy lunch at Le Moulin de Fourges, an atmospheric restaurant housed in a 200-year-old mill on the banks of a quiet stream.
Drive an hour to the final stop of your tour, the village of Auvers-sur-Oise, where Vincent van Gogh painted his last works before his death in 1890.
Pass By: Maison de van Gogh, 1 Place de la Mairie Place de la Mairie, 95430 Auvers-sur-Oise France
Chat with your guide on a walking tour of the village, and gain insight into van Gogh's life, artistic talent and the mental illness he suffered. Head inside Auberge Ravoux for an independent visit. This is the lodge where van Gogh stayed during his final days.
At the end of the day, hop in your private minivan and back to your Paris hotel, where your day trip ends.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note the Pick-up time indicated on the voucher is approximative and may vary up to 30 minutes according to the traffic in Paris. Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided to us at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure.Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours ( local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14)
- Please note the guide does not accompany you into Monet's house or Auberge Ravoux, allowing you to visit independently
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All four of us, including my husband and two adult children, really enjoyed Giverny and the lovely lunch afterward in a beautiful setting a terrace at an old mill. However, we found Auvers-sur-Oise much less rewarding. Van Gogh's home was very hot and crowded. The guides at the home combined 2 tours 2 different Languages which forced everyone to stand in a tight, crowded,hot and uncomfortable space while the guide spoke in the other language. I would recommend doing Giverny and lunch and skipping Auvers-sur-Oise.
It was a great tour and our family enjoyed very much. Thanks lot.
Amazing experience!!! We loved our tour guide, Pablo! Highly personalized attention to out experience. Lunch is excellent also! Must must do this tour. Saves you the grief of getting to the sites and buying the tickets. Totally worth every dollar. And be sure to be outside at least 15 mins prior