Private Tour of Versailles Palace
Your Versailles tour begins with your guide meeting your group at the meeting point of your choosing and taking you personally to Versailles. You'll take a quick, 20 minute RER train ride that leaves you right near the entrance of the Palace.
Once there, you’ll visit the Palace and the King’s Suite, well known for it’s luxurious woodwork, paintings, and marble décor. You will see where Louis XIV conducted his royal escapades and where Marie Antoinette hosted her lavish parties.
You'll visit the Petit and Grand Trianon, two buildings built for different King Louis' so that their mistresses could be within easy reach from the Palace. You'll explore the lives of the French royal family and get an extraordinary view into the lives of the monarchy before they were overthrown during the French Revolution in 1789. You'll get to study your reflection in the same celebrated Hall of Mirrors that Louis XVI did, while also visiting the room where the treaty that ended World War I was signed.
You'll explore the stunning and expansive gardens that are as striking as the palace itself on your tour. Created in the traditional royal style, Versailles’ gardens are filled with more than just lush fauna – they are also full of exquisite marble and gold statues and lustrous fountains. Breathtaking and ethereal, the legendary gardens of Versailles actually served as the inspiration for many of Claude Monet's greatest paintings.
After your tour, you're able to continue exploring the Palace on your own, or heading back to Paris with your guide. The guide can recommend local restaurants in Versailles to stay for dinner.
- Your own exclusive guide
- Guided escort from your meeting point to Versailles
- Entrance fees (€18 per adult / Free for children under the age of 18)
- Train tickets to and from Versailles (€7 round trip from Paris)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Our guides are multi-lingual, so if you would prefer that your tour be conducted in a language other than English, simply let us know. Our guides speak English, French, and Portuguese
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We utilize the efficient metro system to get to Versailles, so we do not offer car service. If you'd like, we can certainly arrange for a taxi to bring your group to Versailles (not included in tour pricing).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
I was extremely disappointed in this tour. We were four people on this tour, two adults and two 12 year olds. The tour guide arrived at our Paris hotel at 9:00 , as planned, and we took the Metro and the train to Versailles. When we go there she explained that if we wanted to see the palace first, we would have to wait in a very long line. She suggested that we avoid this by booking an additional tour of the kings private apartments not included in the palace and gardens admissions, and when that concluded, we would be able to go directly to the palace. This would all take place after she left. During her time with us, she showed us the gardens and the Petite Trianon. The guide provided some history, but did little to engage my grandchildren. I have traveled in Europe with my grandchildren prior to this. I know that a good tour guide can make a place come alive. This did not happen. Given the considerable cost of this tour, I expected a very different experience.
Excellent tour! Our guide Jonathan met us at our hotel and took us by train to Versailles. Everything went great and the Palace was amazing. He was very knowledgable of the history of the Palace. The gardens were amazing! We had a blast and our morning tour had almost no wait. :-) Highly recommended