Skip-the-Line Private Guided Tour: Musée d'Orsay Orsay Museum
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musee d'Orsay, Paris, Ile-de-France
Paris’ other museum, the Musée d’Orsay, is the perfect complement to the Louvre. With your private guide, begin your tour through this converted Beaux-Arts train station with skip-the-line admission.
Inside, explore the artistic movements that led up to Impressionism and its colorful works. See Manet’s scandalous Luncheon on the Grass and Renoir’s Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette. Discuss with your guide the artists who preceded the Impressionists, like Millet and 'the Gleaners,' as well as those who followed, such as Post-Impressionist artist Van Gogh, whose Bedroom in Arles is on display. And, of course, check out works by the father of Impressionism himself, Claude Monet, including his famous poppies.
Learn about the art evolution and personalities that went into creating the Impressionist movement, and understand why these seemingly simple works were so revolutionary at the time.
By the end of your tour, you'll have learned about techniques used by the artists, seen both the highlights and lesser-known gems of the Orsay, and admired the beautiful architecture of the museum itself.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
You’ve seen it in the movies, but what do you really know about Paris? We’ll share its stories, secrets, and scandals with you while exploring all of the places you won’t find on your own. Wander the streets and museums of the world’s most popular city on a small group or private tour of Paris. Our English speaking guides at Babylon Tours get you priority entrance and help you skip the lines at the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay. Go beyond the Eiffel Tower and experience Paris with Babylon Tours.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- SKIP-THE-LINE PRIVATE MUSEUM TOUR
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU
- DURATION 2 - 2.5 HOURS
- WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY
- ALL ENTRANCE FEES
- Entry/Admission - Musee d'Orsay
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: Orsay museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We lucked out. Our guide was super knowledgeable and had some great inside stories on the artist. After the guide's tour you just want to know more about the Impressionist and their lives.
Our guide made the Orsay come alive! She spoke excellent English and was very mindful of expressing content appropriate for a 19 year old among us. She knew her art history and you could tell that she loved her job and the art. She shared wonderful stories and factual information about the paintings. She made the art come alive with her knowledge. She was helpful with suggestions after the tour, also. Thank you for a delightful tour?
We had two great guides our group of 6 was split into two, one of whom was also our guide during our earlier day-long walking tour of Paris Louvre, Ljiljana apologies if I have the spelling wrong. We enjoyed both of our guides and my parents, who had Ljiljana as a guide at the Orsay as well as the Louvre said that she was absolutely amazing. I was very happy that she was their guide. A big thank you from my parents, Ljiljana!
It was an amazing tour and our guide Caroline was amazing too. Highly recommend this tour to everyone.