Skip-the-line Musée d’Orsay Orsay Museum Guided Tour - Semi-Private 8ppl Max
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musee d'Orsay, Paris, Ile-de-France
Join a guide on a tour through this converted, century-old train station and explore the artistic movements that led up to the Impressionists and their vibrant, colorful works. Visit Manet’s scandalous Luncheon on the Grass and Renoir’s Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette. Learn about those who preceded the Impressionists like Millet and The Gleaners, as well as those who followed like Van Gogh, as visible in his Bedroom in Arles. And of course you’ll check out works by Monet himself, including his famous poppies.
Learn about the history and evolution behind this movement and understand why these seemingly simple works were so revolutionary at the time.
Highlights generally include (if artwork is not on loan or being restored):
• Manet’s Luncheon on the Grass
• Renoir’s Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette
• Monet’s Poppy Field and Waterlilies
• Van Gogh’s Bedroom in Arles
• Degas’s Ballerinas
• Millet’s The Gleaners
Explore masterpieces of art by French Impressionists and post-Impressionists
Skip the long lines to enjoy priority entrance to the Orsay Museum
Learn about techniques used by artists such as Van Gogh, Renoir, and more
Discover the highlights and lesser known gems of the Orsay
Admire the beautiful Beaux Arts building of the former rail station
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
You’ve seen it in the movies, but what do you really know about Paris? We’ll share its stories, secrets, and scandals with you while exploring all of the places you won’t find on your own. Wander the streets and museums of the world’s most popular city on a small group or private tour of Paris. Our English speaking guides at Babylon Tours get you priority entrance and help you skip the lines at the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay. Go beyond the Eiffel Tower and experience Paris with Babylon Tours.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- SEMI-PRIVATE MUSEUM TOUR
- SEMI-PRIVATE" MEANS GROUP SIZE IS NEVER MORE THAN 8 GUESTS MAXIMUM
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE
- DURATION 2 - 2.5 HOURS
- ALL ENTRANCE FEES
- Entry/Admission - Musee d'Orsay
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: Orsay museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Laura was absolutely wonderful! She was very knowledgeable about the museum history, art, and artists.
Our guide, Belen was very knowledgeable but we were tired from the overnight flight and she stopped too long at certain spots. We didn't need to dwell on the nudity that is banned in the states. So much more good stuff to see you there.
From my experience, semi-private tours are worth the money. There were only 5 people in our group, so we were able to navigate more easily through the crowded museum (it's a high season) than a larger group. We had a great guide Mato who was very knowledgable about art, history, and art history. His tour was both very entertaining and educational, addressing the needs of us who have already visited this museum (although, many years ago) and a teenager who was in our small group.
Belen was an absolutely fantastic guide and there is no better way to take in this wonderful museum. our two daughters 12 and 16, my wife, and I learned more about European history in this tour through art than we have through schooling and her tour really reinforced a great deal the kids already have learned. Belen's approach to taking in an impressionist piece is something nobody else in the museum was doing including evaluating changes in color, the illusions generated by distances and angles within the works and the true appreciation for the entire movement one can only get through the eyes of an artist who enjoys her work so completely. If you can request Belen, you should, you will not be disappointed. We had many tours throughout Europe, and this remains our family favorite and one we will be talking about for years to come. Incidentally, the art work itself is the work to see if you want to enjoy color, perspective, and a movement that does not cover the history of mankind - the museum is much more focused and enjoyable and beautifully staged than the mammoth museum of the Louvre but you would still be well served to see through this private tour as there is so much to learn and appreciate.
The guide, Lily, was amazing. It was a great tour--she was knowledgeable and made the museum not overwhelming. When there are so many works to see in a museum, being able to give a context which she did brilliantly is the thing that provides the heart of the experience
Belen was excellent as I learned a lot that I did not know and I have been to this museum many times as well as a tour last year with a different tour guide. I find this tour to be excellent as you learn so much more with a local guide who provides more than just the art history but ties it into the country and culture at that time. Would highly recommend this tour.
Knew our family with two teenage sons wanted to get the most out of our visit to the Musee D'Orsay so we splurged on this semi-private tour knowing she would provide us a richer experience than just taking a self-guided tour. We were not disappointed at all. We had a wonderful tour with Tina as our guide. She was terrific providing us great context and background to the museum as well as the key artists in the museum. It was a wonderful 2 hour tour through French Impressionism. You could tell Tina's deep knowledge and passion for the art. It was well worth the splurge to take this tour - we all thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Tina was the best!