Small-Group Champagne Tasting Day Trip from Paris with Moet et Chandon and Reims Cathedral Visit
You’ll visit the quaint chapel and gravesite of Dom Perignon the father of Champagne and then meet with a local winemaker to learn about how Champagne is made.
Afterwards you’ll be given a fully guided tour at the famous H ouse of Moët and Chandon the world’s largest producer of Champagne. There you’ll visit part of their 2 8 kilometers of cellars. Before heading back to Paris you’ll also visit the beautiful Cathedral of Reims and have free time to explore inside where all of the French Kings were crowned.
Throughout the day you’ll be able to taste at least 4 different types of Champagne and even pick up some bottles for souvenirs if you’d like. We’ll carry them back to Paris for you in the van!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- House of Moët & Chandon: A fully guided visit to the world’s largest producer of Champagne who has 28 kilometers of cellars to explore! (Tasting included)
- Visit a small producer: See the vines in the fields and learn the different techniques for growing and harvesting Champagne suitable grapes from a small local producer! (Tasting included)
- Dom Perignon: Visit the grave site of the Father of Champagne and learn the story of the birth of this bubbly masterpiece.
- Reims Cathedral: One of the first monuments to be classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site, this gothic gem is more than 800 years old.
- Free Tastings: You’ll be able to taste at least 4 different Champagne wines on this tour and be taught the proper way to “degust” the sparkling wine.
- Small group: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
- Comfortable A/C Van: You’ll ride in a brand new, very comfortable, minivan to and from the Champagne region.
- Live Guide: Learn the history of Champagne from our professional guide who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- 4 Champagne tastings
- Visit to Moêt and Chandon + tastings 1 or 2 glasses depending on option selected.
- Visit to small producer + tastings
- Visit to Reims Cathedral
- Visit the tomb of Dom Perignon
- Return transport from Paris by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Moet et Chandon Champagne Cellars
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Small group tour of 8 people maximum
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
I throughly enjoyed the experience and our tour guide Elias was very knowledgeable and made it a great journey. However, I think the cost of it was very expensive considering you only visited two wineries and two tastings. I think it should have included food or some sort of champagne bottle souvenir. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it and was a fantastic experience- especially for a champagne lover!
Our guide, Oliver, had an amazing sense of humor and entertaining anecdotes. He really made the trip. I thought I would really love the Moet tour, which was lovely. However, the smaller champagne vineyard Pierre Domi was spectacular. I can't even describe the richness and character of his champagnes and his facilities. This tour was lovely. I would definitely book this tour again, and I would ask for Oliver. Heck, Oliver also does a history tour. I would do that too. He is that good.
Was well structured.Good to see both boutique and world famous champagne houses.Mini bus was new and very comfortable.Good mix of wine information and history.Our guide Oliver was outstanding.Great local knowledge and made the tour.Do yourself a favour!
This tour was great. It gave me a good understanding of how champagne is made. The tours and tastings were fun. Hannah, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable and had a great personality. The only critique I would have is that there needs to be some bottled water on the bus!
We thoroughly enjoyed this day trip, only 4 passengers which made for a great group. Reims was very interesting we then visited a small champagne producer in Epernay. The owner Phillip was just delightful and his champagne superb. The town of Epernay was worth exploring on foot during free time. Visit to Moët very enjoyable.
Great guide, great fellow travelers. Loved the visit to the small champagne producer personal and educational. Visit to Notre Dame in Reims a bonusno lines or crowds to fight. Do not miss this trip!
This tour was such a pleasant and beautiful experience. Our guide Antoine was so knowledgeable and passionate about the entire process of champagne production from beginning to end. it was a real pleasure having us guide us and provide his insights. The champagne region is absolutely beautiful with all its hills and small towns. Stopping at Pierre Domi Grauves was definitely a highlight. You get to see and understand how champagne production begins and all the different steps in between until the finished product. The actual tasting after the tour inside the plant was very pleasant. we bought 2 bottles to bring home!. We continued on to Moet et Chandon and Dom Perignon houses of champagne which was also fabulous. The tour of the underground production was incredible. This was an all day adventure very worth taking!!!.