Small-Group French Cooking Class in Paris
Get ready to delight your taste buds, and learn how to cook a traditional French meal from scratch! Under the guidance of your experienced French chef, you will prepare a starter, main dish and dessert; and finish by enjoy your meal, of course! Should you include the Market Option, you'll also discover the local open-air market and get to select fresh ingredients for your dishes.
These classes take place at the apartment of a French chef within Paris city limits; the name and address of your chef will be sent to you after your reservation is made. If you do not receive this information 72 hours within the date of your reservation, please contact us.
Market Visit + Cooking Class: Begins at 9:15 AM, lasts 4 hours and 30 minutes
Cooking Class: Begins at 10:45 AM, or 6:30 PM, lasts 3 hours
• Mediterranean Zucchini
• Marinated Chicken
• Mini Chocolate Lava Cake
- Cooking lesson with local chef in Parisian apartment
- Tour of local Market (if option selected)
- Small group cooking class (maximum 8 people)
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients and copy of recipe to take home
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We will do our best to accommodate, but will inform you if a specific dietary requirement is unable to be met.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
I Learnt some new skills and met some lovely people. An interesting and enjoyable session that I recommend to others
Mixed feelings about this experience. The good news: it was basically a private class only 2 of us in the class. The market experience was fun and informative. The chef quickly emailed the recipes after our class and allowed us to take photos of other recipes. Not good news: Since it was just us, we were asked what we wanted to cook as we walked to the market. We were not prepared to suggested French dishes. We said something with chicken, so the chef suggested we make 'chicken with 2 vinegars'. We also made asparagus with cheese and creme caramel for desert. The only part of the meal where we learned some good techniques was with the creme caramel, the rest of the 'class' did not really expand our knowledge of French cooking. It ended up being an expense chicken lunch
Very worthwhile. Fred was very fluent in English and the dishes we prepared were delicious and simple to make at home.