Small-Group Gourmet Bordeaux Day Trip from Paris with Wine Tastings
Hopping back in your minibus, head to a nearby chateau for a full tour of the premises, including a stop in the lovely scent garden to test your palate on the various smells and flavors you might encounter in Bordeaux wines. Finally, head to the chateau’s old tower to taste two of their most popular wines.
Before you leave, you’ll sit down for lunch on a terrace overlooking the vineyards. The menu changes seasonally, but think local meat and produce; fresh, natural ingredients; and of course, another glass of wine, on the house.
Your final stop is a much smaller winery that has some of the oldest grapevines in Bordeaux. You’ll learn the story of these wines and enjoy a dégustation à la barrique, in which the owner will tap some of his barrels and fill your glasses straight from them. This tasting includes two different white wines and one claret which is a very old style of wine unique to the region.
Finally, hop back on the bus to Bordeaux city, then catch the train back to Paris. You’ll arrive back in Montparnasse with plenty of time to enjoy a late dinner.
- Guided walking tour Saint Emilion village
- All wine tastings
- Round trip high speed train from Paris to Bordeaux and private bus transfers in Bordeaux region
- Small Groups of 15 people
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Tour Only in English
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
This tour exceeded our expectations and our guide Anatole was amazing. He was very experienced and friendly. Anatole made us feel like he knew us for years. The 3 wineries that we visited were great and spent alot of time with us. I would absolutely recommend this tour.
My husband and I wanted to see the Bordeaux region because of the famous wine that is made there. We had a fantastic day exploring three winery. This area of France is BEAUTIFUL and so full of the old world culture. Our tour guides were marvelous and very knowledgeable about not only the vineyards but also the people who started this tradition of making Bordeaux wine. The high speed train ride was really nice and very comfortable. The lunch at one of the vineyards was wonderful and the food was great. We are so glad we did this tour, it gave us a different view of France and one we will never forget.