Small-Group Normandy D-Day Battlefields and Landing Beaches Day Trip from Paris
Stop at Pointe du Hoc, 90-foot (27-meter) cliffs where 225 rangers landed on the morning of June 6, 1944, and then continue to Colleville-sur-Mer to visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, which overlooks Omaha Beach and is home to more than 9,000 white crosses perfectly aligned on 170 acres. A chapel and memorial add the finishing touches to this moving site that allows visitors to reflect on the price of war.
Then visit other WWII locations such as Arromanches and the vestiges of the artificial Mulberry harbor, Longues-sur-Mer, and the German artillery battery, which gave the Allied troops a lot of pushback on the morning of June 6th. This is the only coastal battery to have kept its guns, giving a picture of what an Atlantic wall gun emplacement was like.
Your day trip ends with return to Paris.
- Small Group Tour of 8 people maximum
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Memorial de Caen
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless option selected when booking)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Small Group Tour 8 persons max
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Important: Make sure that you are eligible for hotel pickup prior to reserving the tour with the pickup option; pickup and drop-off are only available if your hotel is within the Paris city limit, postal code 75 (except: 75010, 75011, 75012, 75013, 75018, 75019, and 75020, where there is no drop-off)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off will only be provided if the option was selected at the time of reservation.
Excellent tour, super tour guide, selected very good restaurant, would do again! Great value with hotel pick up!
Very moving experience, especially the American cemetery. Guide was excellent, very friendly and knowledgeable.
The trip was well organized and didn’t feel like we were rushed through everything. Very emotional and thought provoking to see the fortifications and landscaping soldiers had to overcome to free Europe from the evil that gripped it for several years. Will recommend this for anyone wanting to see for fast day trip. Of course more time is always needed to see everything. Also don’t forget the rich culture of the northern France reign as well that needs to be visited on its own. Great recommend and worth time and money!
This was an excellent event. Nicholas, our guide, was excellent and gave a balanced overview of the events leading up to D-Day......full of useful and interesting information. It was a long, full day, 6:30 am ‘til 7:00 pm but well worth it. I would recommend it for families with children old enough to understand the events leading up to D-Day. Very sobering.
Our guide, Sylvain, was awesome! The ride from Paris to Normandy is long but Sylvain drove well and even gave us a morning coffee/snack break halfway there. He pointed out interesting sites along the way. We learned so much about the history of the area. Sylvain knew so many details about the battle sites. It was an amazing experience and so humbling. Sylvain was a fantastic guide! I highly recommend this tour!
This was a very moving tour. Our guide/driver was very knowledgeable and accommodating. We had lunch at a delightful restaurant.
This was awesome. The drive was great and we were picked up on time. As we drove through Paris the guide pointed out great features. At Normandy he was very informative and motivated to make sure our tour was awesome. The free time to roam was great as well. Couldn't have asked for a better tour.