Small Group Tour of Giverny: Claude Monet's House and Gardens
- See one of the most iconic site in Normandy: Giverny for its beauty that inspired so many of Claude Monet’s paintings!
- Learn from a local professional guide : Being experts in their areas of history studied and very passionate story tellers makes our guides real assets. All our guides are professional with a professional guide license.
- Hotel Pick up & Drop off included
- A small group tour : Individual attention and quality time with your guide are guaranteed.
- Skip-the-Line access: Thanks to our partnership with the Foundation Monet, you have direct access to the gardens.
- Monet’s Home: Visit the painter's house where he lived with his big family. The yellow dining room, his first workshop and the kitchen are especially memorable.
- The Flower Garden: At any time of the year, find the flower landscapes dear to the impressionist master.
- The Water Garden: Main subject of painting at the end of his life, Monet liked to spend time there and observe the variations of light and the reflections of his garden on the pond, famous for water lilies..
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
- Comfortable A/C Van
The Garden and the House of Claude Monet in Giverny
Discover the secrets of one of the founders of Impressionism, Claude Monet. Leader of the artistic movement of the 19th century, he breathed with a modern edge on academic representation to introduce it more perception, emotion, and light. The painter devoted almost forty years to create one of his best works, his property in Giverny.
Le Clos Normand
The gardener artist labored here to turn a simple Norman orchard in a lavish garden with thousands of colors: Japanese cherry trees, nasturtium parterre of tulips, roses, every season of his fire-colored fireworks.
The Water Garden
Stroll through the romantic water garden, where we find the Japanese bridge, the wisteria, the famous lily pond, weeping willows and irises.
Visit the charming pink house where the master family atmosphere reigned. Immerse yourself in the daily life of the artist surrounded by his eight children: the reading room, the grocery store, room, office, dining room, and attractive kitchen. Admire his collection of Japanese prints, another source of inspiration.
Finally, end by the large workshop which saw the birth of the famous paintings of water lilies. Today some of these paintings can be contemplated at the Orangerie Museum in Paris.
- Small Group Tour
- Exclusive services
- Licensed Professional Driver Guide
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation / hotels in Paris
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Fantastic. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and an absolutely delightful lady that gave us so many extra insights about Monet and hus psinting buddies. My suggestion is go early and enjoy the serenity.
Our tour of Monet's garden was wonderful - our guide Sarah, whose English was excellent, gave us a fascinating insight into the life of Monet, his garden, family life and painting techniques with regard to the flowers he planted and colors. She was also extremely informative about the Impressionists and their impact on the art world. We had time to meander through the garden and the house without felling rushed. I would highly recommend this tour to others interested in visiting the garden.
Sarah was phenomenal! Monet's house and garden were beyond expectations. The restaurant where we had lunch was fabulous. I hope we get to see Sarah again in the future! Thank you!!