Pere Lachaise Cemetery Guided Walking Tour - Semi-Private 8ppl Max
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cemiterio de Pere-Lachaise, 16 rue du Repos, 75020 Paris France
Discover one of Paris’ most beautiful and unexpected sites on this 2.5-hour, small-group walking tour. Rendezvous with your guide just prior to 2 pm at the cemetery gates and set off to discover the many charms and hidden corners of Père Lachaise.
Originally founded in 1804, Père Lachaise has since grown in size to become the largest cemetery in Paris. It’s also home to no shortage of famous residents. Follow your guide to the final resting places of dozens of luminaries, including Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Chopin, Balzac, and Maria Callas. Visit memorials to the Holocaust and various wars, and learn about the little-known popular uprising, the Paris Commune, which occurred within the cemetery’s walls.
This tour accommodates a maximum of 8 visitors, ensuring a personalized experience.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Paris, 75001 Paris France
You’ve seen it in the movies, but what do you really know about Paris? We’ll share its stories, secrets, and scandals with you while exploring all of the places you won’t find on your own. Wander the streets and museums of the world’s most popular city on a small group or private tour of Paris. Our English speaking guides at Babylon Tours get you priority entrance and help you skip the lines at the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay. Go beyond the Eiffel Tower and experience Paris with Babylon Tours.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- SEMI-PRIVATE WALKING TOUR
- SEMI-PRIVATE" MEANS GROUP SIZE IS NEVER MORE THAN 8 GUESTS MAXIMUM
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE
- DURATION 2 - 2.5 HOURS
- TOUR WILL RUN, RAIN OR SHINE
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour. We recommend comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain and hat during summer. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some can’t be visited from the inside.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Lucia was an abolutely wonderful tour guide. She is extremely knowledgeable about the cemetery and she gave us a wealth of information about each tomb or grave we visited, the history of the cemetery and tied all of this with the culture, economics, and political situation in France. She took us to all the places we wanted to see, added some that we were not aware of, and shared with us the memorials for the Holocaust. We would highly recommend as this tour company and their guides are outstanding.