Small Group Wine-Day Trip from Paris: Chambord Castle and Loire Valley Wines
You will arrive at Chambord Castle in the morning for an audio-guided tour. Come away knowing the secrets behind this magnificent « Château », constructed by King Francis I of France five hundred years ago. Back in your air-conditioned minivan, pass through the vineyards of Touraine, Vouvray and Montlouis sur Loire. Admire the colorful landscapes of Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Franc grapes.
Settle in at a family-run Vouvray Wine estate, where you’ll meet the winemaker and enjoy a delicious meal of traditional food, paired with a wine tasting. After lunch, discover another family-run winery and depending on availability, taste sparkling white wines, dry and sweet white wines, red and rosé wines. Here, you will get to taste authentic Loire Valley wines largely unavailable in the rest of the world.
You will be dropped off back in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville) in the evening.
- Pick up at your hotel (if located in Paris), drop off in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville)
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minivan (8 passengers max)
- Guided visit of a Loire Valley Winery, followed by a wine tasting
- Audio-guided visit of Chambord Castle
- Gourmet lunch at a family-run winery with Loire Valley wine and food pairing
- English-speaking driver guide, expert in wine, sharing knowledge and anecdotes
- Stop in the vineyard for a vine growing introduction
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Chambord
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Schedule and wineries visited are subject to minor changes depending on the season and on supplier availability.
- Your guide will contact you one day before the tour to give you an exact pick up time (usually between 7-7:30 AM)
- Not wheelchair accessible, some stairs to access the underground cellars
- Wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you
- Private tours (including for bigger groups) are possible upon request; please specify at the time of the booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This was such a fantastic tour. I was sceptical booking but glad I did. There are only 8 people max on the tour which made it tailored and unique. Clement our tour guide was fabulous, highly educated expert in history and wine and knew all the family run estates to try wine. We had the best day and highly recommend.
Just enough to get a great feel of the historic setting of Chambord and the wines of the region. Small group was wonderful. Our wine expert guide taught us a lot about the wines and was able to explain every aspect of our visit in easy to understand terms . Clement was a wonderful driver and made everyone feel comfortable and relaxed . Very welcoming!
Loved this trip and it was one of the highlights of my vacation. Its a full day out of the city with a small group of fellow travelers. We were the first pick up in the morning so we also had the pleasure of driving through different neighbors in Paris while we picked up other guests. Victor was a wonderful guide. Very knowledgeable about the city, French wines and history. Chambord was beautiful. We arrived early and there were only a few other visitors. The self guided tour was easy to use and interesting. After the Château we drove to a small organic family run vineyard. We toured the cellars and then sat down to a country style lunch prepared by our host. The wood stove was going and the wine was flowing. Perfect. Our next stop was the Marc Bredif winery in Vouvray. Another great tour and lots of wine to sample. Beautiful scenery along the way. We were a relaxed and happy group on the ride back to Paris. Victor also sent us a list of restaurants to try to Paris which was a nice bonus.