Small-group WWI Somme Battlefields Day Trip from Paris with John Monash Centre
See the Australian flag flying over Poziere in recognition of the sacrifices made by the ANZAC's in the battle that took place here during the battle of the Somme. This battle was followed by the battle of Mouquet Farm which you will also visit today.
Continuing to Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British Soldiers. You will also visit The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division, the Beaumont-Hamel and the Newfoundland Memorial which offers a realistic and moving view of these battles in its remarkably well-preserved trenches system. During this day-trip you will also see the the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux.
Finish the tour with a visit to the Historial at Peronne, an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-1918) which explains the conflict, its origins and its consequences.The museum boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war.
- Small group tour (maximum 8 participants)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- English speaking guide
- Transport by Air-Conditioned Minibus
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Thiepval Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Australian War Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Historial de la Grande Guerre
- Entry/Admission - Ulster Memorial Tower
- Entry/Admission - Lochnagar Crater
- Entry/Admission - Delville Wood War Memorial
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Be sure to arrive promptly for your tour.
- The group will not wait if you are late and if you miss the tour due to a delay, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Loved this trip and our guide was so friendly and helpful
Loved this tour. Our tour guide was excellent, went out of his way to assist people with us to find their Great Uncles grave and was very informative. Would highly recommend.
Absolutely excellent. If you are interested in WW1 battles, it would be hard not to like this. The many cemeteries make for a moving experience. I REALLY enjoyed this, Saw a lot, including the place where the Red Baron crashed to his death. Guide knew his stuff. Tipped him more than any guide I had before. Unlike American graves, the British Commonwealth allowed relatives to provide epitaphs to be written by relatives. Check out this one,. Could speak for everyone killed in that war, although this particular soldier died on the day that the German general Ludendorff described as the Black Day for the German army, so in that respect he didn't die, as so many did in that war, in vain.
The small group thing is a good way to do it. However, 15 mins at the Somme memorial was a bit rude. And if you are sitting in the middle you see nothing. So it was a very expensive exercise and I wouldn't overly recommend it.
Sorry I thought I had rated this trip. This was our holiday last year it was a wonderful day - I would strongly recommend if you only have a day to spend this trip covers a lot. It was amazing.
For some reason the other 4 people did not show up so we had a private tour. The tour guide was great!
The day was very interesting and the guide very knowledgeable. The day was tailored to the needs of the people attending with enough time spent at the memorial sites. It was a little cramped taking 8 in the mini van but definitely worth it.