Small-Group Day Trip Somme Battlefields with John Monash Centre from Paris
Highlights of the tour:
A full-day adventure in the Somme region: Get away from the busy city of Paris for a day and explore something unique to World history at the same time.
The Lochnagar Crater: The Royal Engineer tunneling companies used almost 30 tons of explosives to obliterate German dug-outs and create this massive crater.
Walk in the trenches of WWI: At the Newfoundland Memorial in Beaumont-Hamel, you will be able to walk in the same trenches as the Canadian soldiers who fought to defend that front 100 years ago.
Thiepval Memorial of the Missing: Pay your respects to the brave men in the row after row of tombs marked: “Here lies a soldier known only to God”.
Museum Sir John Monash Centre: you'll be able to visit the brand new John Monash Centre.
Cathedral of Amiens: On the drive back to Paris your day of discovery will include a visit to the 13th Century Cathedral of Amiens, the largest and one of the most beautiful Cathedrals in France.
Learn about The Great War from an informative guide: Being experts in WWI history and very passionate storytellers makes guides true assets to each tour provide!
Small group: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
Round-trip transportation by luxury van: The tour vans are brand new with leather seats, big clear windows, and of course Air-Conditioned.
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Cathedrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens
- Entry/Admission - Thiepval Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Australian National Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Historial de la Grande Guerre
- Entry/Admission - Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Lochnagar Crater
- Entry/Admission - Pozieres Memorial
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
We a great day with Ollie he was very informative and we learned a lot about the world war 1 I even found my Great uncles grave.
This tour was better than I expected. The guide, Ollie, was very interesting and shared the moving history of the Somme battles in a detailed yet easy to remember way. I am glad I did this tour. I learned a lot and really enjoyed the trip. I highly recommend doing this tour. Tip: Remember to wear sunscreen. I forgot mine but luckily Ollie had some to share as we were outside for most of the day.
This was a very moving tour to take. I am so glad that I visited these sites and paid tribute to the great sacrifice that these young men made for freedom. The guide was excellent, the sites we visited were interesting, the memorials were tear jerkers, and the whole day was full of great moments that I will never forget! I highly recommend booking this small group tour. If you have Ollie as your guide you are 100 sure to love the experience.