Vegetarian in Paris: Food & Wine Tour in Montmartre
The area we have selected is Montmartre, the hotspot of contemporary French gastronomy.
We make our way up rue Lepic: a food street celebrated for its gourmet stores. At every stop we sample one food before buying more and moving to the next stop.
We visit a cheesemonger, a rôtisseur, an Auvergne cheese & ham store, a macaron maker, a pastry store, a baker, and some vegetable and fruit stands.
Then it's meal time, and we sit down at a café at the terrace. We order wine, and we eat.
- Food and drinks, unless specified. Food samplings
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Foods, drinks and souvenirs you might buy on your own
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We may be unable to address food restrictions besides GFD and Vegetarian.
- Please note our vegetarian menu is for lacto-ovo-vegetarians. It includes cheese and dairy products.
- Please note travelers with no diet restrictions are welcome on this tour, for non-restricted food samplings.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
My chief complaint is that I signed up for a vegetarian food and wine tour, and got nothing of the kind. I expected a focus on vegetarian foods; and and instead the vegetarian and our group was simply told not to eat the things that we're not vegetarian. In fact, the tour group leader specifically told us that this was a tour for all foods, not specifically for vegetarians. although the food was good, we got the usual array of bread, cheeses, charcuterie, and some sweets. The tour guy was friendly and knowledgeable about the foods we had, but had no specific knowledge about vegetarian foods or cooking.