Small Group Versailles Palace Day Trip with Skip the Line Audio Guided Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 1st Arrondissement, Paris France
Pick up from your central located hotel inside Paris
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Monument a Louis XIV, Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Discover the equestrian Statue of Louis XIV standing in front of the Palace on the Place d'Armes at Versailles.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Choose from a morning or afternoon departure from Paris. Your hostess will provide advice to help you plan your time at Versailles.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
An audio guide is available in 8 languages. Your tour of the Palace of Versailles will be independent without a tour guide. Then enjoy the gardens by strolling the meticulous manicured lawns : a complete picturesque setting
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
You'll take time to stroll through the gardens conceived for the pleasure of a king, with magnificent water features, grand avenues...now a world heritage site.End of the tour for those having half day option.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Grandes & Petites Ecuries, The Gardens of Versailles Avenue Rockefeller, 78000, Versailles France
Enjoy lunch at La Petite Venise Restaurant.( if you select the full day option) After lunch, it's time to explore the palace gardens and take a visit to the Queen's Hamlet, where Marie-Antoinette played at being a shepherdess in the 1780s
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Trianons & The Hamlet, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Your full day tour begins with a fully-guided tour of Versailles (1-hour) including the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Bedroom and the Gallery of Battles.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Le Grand Trianon, 78000, Versailles France
You'll then take a guided tour of the Grand Trianon (1 hour), a mini palace where Louis XV and Louis XVI liked to lead a quiet life outside the court of Versailles( when full day option is selected
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Grand Canal, Parc du Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Louis XIV used to sail small craft, including gondolas, on the canal.
Pass By: 8th Arrondissement, Paris France
At the end of the day , drop back to your hotel inside Paris.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Audioguide in 10 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean) of the State Apartments and Hall of Mirrors
- Half Day tour includes access to the Gardens & Priorty access to the Palace
- Service of an experienced driver guide
- All day tour includes access to the Trianon , Queen's Domain , the Palace & the gardens
- Full Day Tour includes 3 Course Lunch at Versailles with drinks
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- Entry/Admission - Grandes & Petites Ecuries
- Entry/Admission - The Trianons & The Hamlet
- Entry/Admission - Le Grand Trianon
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that due to actual traffic situation in Paris the real Pick-up may take place up to 30 minutes later than the time indicated on the voucher. Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided to us at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure. Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours ( local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14) "
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Half-Day Tour: Select either a morning or afternoon tour and depart from your Paris hotel bound for Versailles. Your host for the trip gives you recommendations about planning your Versailles visit and provides you with an audio guide for a tour of the palace and gardens. The guide is available in eight languages, so you can explore Versailles without a tour guide. The half-day tour includes time to see Louis XIV’s Royal Apartments, the apartments of the Dauphin and Dauphine as well as the often-photographed Hall of Mirrors.
- Full-Day Tour: The full-day experience starts with a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles. See the lavish Royal Apartments, the Queen’s Bedroom, the Gallery of Battles, and the famous Hall of Mirrors. After the tour, stop for lunch at La Petite Venise restaurant. Following lunch, head into the expansive gardens of Versailles. On Saturdays and Sundays from April to October, watch a show of the garden’s fountains set to music. Make a brief detour to the Queen’s Hamlet, a private retreat for Marie-Antoinette in the 1780s. Then, join your guide for a tour of the Grand Trianon, the private palace retreat for both Louis XV and Louis XVI.
- Baby strollers are forbidden inside Versailles palace
- Photos without flash allowed inside the castle
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Unique entrance: any exit is final
I booked a whole day tour which included the palace of Versailles, le petit Trianon, le grand Trianon, the hamlet, and gardens. The driver came on time and confirmed our reservation but when he dropped us off he said he would be back in 2.5 hours to pick us up. I showed him our confirmation for the trip which included everything and he said no that he couldn’t stay that long- there was a mistake. He was going to message the office and I sent a message to Viator and no response! Rip-off!!!!
They picked us up from our hotel in a nice van. We were seated in back since we were the last pick up. Paris was having record high temperatures and the back of the van did not cool off at all. Because they do not have a lot of hot weather there, no one seems to know how to operate the AC correctly we are from Texas. It was extremely hot and uncomfortable the whole ride there. The palace is beautiful and the audio and headsets were nice. But it was so hot, it was oppressive. There was no way to cool off in any way. I recommend going any other month than July. The palace is stunning, but are thousands of tourists are there with you, so know that going in.
Highly recommend this small group tour to Versailles. You will not be disappointed. To see the grounds and the Palace of the “Sun King” was quite an experience and education in understanding why people revolt when they’ve had enough.
We booked what we thought would be a relaxing afternoon at Versailles. We booked a tour where the driver would pick us up at our hotel. As this was the last day of a busy trip we decided to sleep in a little. Woke up with plenty of time to grab a quick bite from one of the local shops and head back to the hotel to be picked up in the lobby. We waited in the lobby for almost 40 minutes.Called the tour agency and they said that the time had been changed and that they are on time.We were not notified. Had we been we would have enjoyed a much more relaxed morning with a nice lunch at a local brasserie. But not knowing we had extra time we just had a quick sandwich. Not what I would have liked to have had on my last afternoon in Paris. The
This tour is amazing and our tour guide was fantastic. She picked us up at our hotel in a van, drove to Versailles, gave us time to walk around the gardens for about 45 minutes. Then we got our self-guiding headphones and experienced the beautiful of the Palace before she drove us back to our hotel. On the way to Versailles, she told us the applicable history that helped the visit to be much more meaningful. This is the best!!