Viator Exclusive: Private Paris Tour by Citroen 2CV
The loveable motors were introduced to the French masses in the mid-1940s, and quickly became the country’s car of choice. While their design has now evolved, the original models remain a classic; luckily for you, you’ll ride in one such model on your tour – a vintage soft-top 2CV car.
Your route takes you past several top Paris attractions, so sit back and admire monuments like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral. Learn about iconic attractions such as Moulin Rouge, Paris’ risqué cabaret, and the Louvre Museum, home to more than a million pieces of artwork. Visit neighborhoods like Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Montmartre and get tips for sites to check out independently.
After spending roughly an hour exploring Paris, enjoy a break at the traditional French tea room Ladurée. Taste a hot beverage and a sweet treat at this former bakery that was transformed into a pastry shop in 1871 by Baron Haussmann.
Meet your guide outside the tea room at the pre-arranged time and continue sightseeing around the city. As well as Paris’ famous sights, your tour also introduces you to some lesser-known gems. Visit Place Vendôme, the chic square framed by boutiques, jewelers and ritzy hotels, and pass Luxembourg Gardens, an extensive park popular with locals.
Your tour then finishes with a drop-off on avenue des Champs-Élysées or back at your central Paris hotel.
Please note: 2CVs are small compared to modern vehicles, so with comfort in mind, bookings are only accepted for three people per car, with one driver assigned per trio. Should your group be larger, no worries! Up to nine people can book this private tour, and each group of three ride in a separate car while traveling together in a convoy.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (arrondissements / districts 1 to 20 only) or centrally located meeting point
- Private guide
- Transport by private vehicle (2CV)
- Stop and break at Ladurée
- Taste a hot beverage (coffee or Ladurée tea) and enjoy a traditional sweet French treat at Ladurée
- Treat will be a choice of 4 macarons, a French éclair or a little sweet dish
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you book for one person only, you are free to show up on the day with a person of your choice at no extra cost
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
THANKYOU SO MUCH
We were a little disappointed in our tour guide. He seemed very interested in the women walking next to our car-- and really was quite distracted. We wanted some history of Paris, and truly only showed us the sights and stated the names of the monuments but didn't tell us too much about it.
Very fun experience. The car is unique. I would have loved to explore the Latin Quarter. The macaroons were awesome. The driver was cool.