Full Day Koh Dach Island by Bike and Tuk Tuk from Phnom Penh
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mekong island - Koh Dach, Koh Dach, Phnom Penh Cambodia
We depart by tuk tuk from your hotel and travel around 15 kilometers in northern direction towards the Mekong River and to this secret hideaway. A professional guide and its tuk tuk companion will wait for you at around 08:00 hrs in the hotel lobby.
Arrival at the main ferry pier and we cross over from the mainland to this 30 square kilometers’ large island, part of the southern tip of the Tonle Sap Lake. Once you are off the ferry, hop on your bike and cycle in a calm and relaxing way through the island on dusty and unpaved road for exploring the island which is bounded by views of rice paddies, vegetable farms and fruit orchards.
Part of touring around the island is to get up and close with the handicraft centers of Koh Dach, stopping in to see the carvers, potters and weavers will be the highlight of the tour. Using traditional means, carried over from generation to generation, many of these items can be found at the various markets in the country. Although negotiations for pricing may be tough, prices are excellent as one cut out the middle man.
You will enjoy a local lunch on the island at one of the better restaurants. While cycling back to the boat ferry, and still possess an appetite, your guide will make some recommended stops at local fruit plantations. You get a sample of the fruits of the season, straight from the farm. Crossing the ferry back to the mainland and we head back by tuk tuk to your hotel in Phnom Penh where we will arrive at around 15:00 hrs.
Duration: 4 hours
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bike rental and tour of the island
- Fruit tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by tuk tuk and ferry
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking and cycling is involved
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct name or the registration name which is also the name of your hotel booking and hotel information,should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- The participants will have to sign a disclaimer form before taking the activity
Our guide was nice young and educated well. His behavior and sense were modern and understanding. He spoke good English and took us to the island by the cross ferry, where all cars and motorbikes went on. We took our bikes and cycled to the other end of island where we had lunch. On the way in hot sunny weather, we stopped for sugarcane juice treated by the guide and visited some farmers on the way. We ate unwashed tomatoes.... this wasn't smart of us, cause I had influenza fever diarrhea and everything else slowly after. It is best if they don't let tourists try out their local things that may not be hygienic. As for the silk factory, it was a nice tour. Detailed and nice environment to explore more of the place. Lastly, we had a nice lunch and the guide was very helpful. He made very nice artistic photos of us and videos and send it to us at end. We loved his style and initiative making secret recordings of us. They were nice! The cycle route was a bit too long in such hot weather. Luckily we didn't have to return on the bikes again to the ferry. When the tuktuk brought us to the next destination of our own program, he showed his dissatisfaction to us on the money we paid him additionally. The tour supposed to be 1 day tour and the day wasn't ended yet, but the guide left us already and the tuktuk driver was alone with us and trying to further rip us off. We didn't like that, so we called the guide to talk to him and it was sorted. That was not a pleasant moment.