Historical Phnom Penh Small-Group Tour, including Genocide Museum and Killing Fields
Confront Cambodia's tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodian.
- Khmer snacks
- Local English-speaking guide
- All transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- Entry/Admission - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- Entry/Admission - Killing Fields and S21 Tour
- Items of a personal nature
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Small-group tour maximum 12 people per tour
- Please note: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing, especially when visiting temples. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- For most of the year it is hot in Cambodia. Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
This was a great tour to do and our guide Nong Maichak Reya was fantastic and extremely knowledgable.
Great tour. Guide was informative and the tour is a must do when in Phnom Penh. Be prepared to be emotional during the tour.
Absolutely harrowing experience that I recommend to anyone visiting Phnom Penh. Our guide was very sweet and knowledgeable. It was heartbreaking hearing her childhood stories and having to experience what she does every day living with the past of the Cambodian Genocide. She gave a lot of helpful information in the bus rides and during the tour. As a solo traveler, it was great to be in a small group, and make a few friends during the tour.
we had a wonderful tour, our guide was Reya and she was lovely, very knowledgable and friendly. It was a great tour, not to long in length it was all just perfect. would highly recommend
Great tour. Very moving walking about the Museum and the Killing fields.
The tour was extremely interesting and our guide Reya is knowledgeable and very friendly. Maybe a bit more information during the visits would be beneficial some of the exhibitions were showing a audioguide sign and it is a bit frustrating not to have any info. Overall a must do if you are in Phnom Penh
To being honest, 3 hours is not enough. I wanted to spend more time at each site and dig deeper the history. But on the other hand, maybe 3 hours are enough for me because I am not sure if i could handle my emotion facing tragic history of Cambodia.